'eating for two'

JoAnn&Aimee

Reaction score
I am sooo fed up of that saying!! Yesterday I was at my OHs parents house. I don't get along with them very well and his dad has sly digs at me every so often. Anyway his mum always makes massive dinners that are 4 times larger than I am used to. I could barely eat it yesterday and his dad told me to 'eat up! You are eating for two!' I wanted to shout at him so much but I bit my tongue. To add insult to injury he said to my OH 'don't let her have her muller rice until she has eaten everything on that plate!' :evil:

:shock: How old are you?! 5?! Oh dear... Silly people! :hug:

In my case, eating for 2 has turned into eating for my whole household... :roll: xx

The whole eating fro 2 thing is a pile of rubbish - u are only supposed to have 200 extra cals a day.

I eat less now than I did before - but I can't manage loads :(

i still cant eat much else i feel sick. i can manage salmon paste at any time though :D beginning to feel like Harleigh will be a salmon :D

Bee said:
The whole eating fro 2 thing is a pile of rubbish - u are only supposed to have 200 extra cals a day.

I eat less now than I did before - but I can't manage loads :(

Exactly - And the extra 200 cals a day thing only applies to the last trimester. I don't know about anyone else but I could barely eat for one during pregnancy, towards the end I could only eat a bowl of cereal in the morning, a yogurt for lunch and then tea as normal..and that was forcing myself. Baby was still 7lbs 8 at 38 weeks. You should have said something to them, hun :hug:

Trust me you really DO want to be eating as much as possible in 2nd Tri. By the time you get to 30/31 weeks, eating becomes really uncomfortable and your stomach shrinks - trust me on this one!!!

However, it's down to YOU how much you need to eat. If you're hungry, eat and if you're not, don't. Anyone who tries to tell you otherwise should sod off, as my midwife said to me the other day :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back