• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

EASY routine

x_larlybelle_x

Reaction score
Does anyone do this? Thinking of trying it but Henry always falls asleep after eating. How do I stop him, or do I just have to wake him up to do the activity?

And does bathtime count as activity before sleep?

Any hints/tips gratefully received as I really need to get him out of being fed to sleep. He doesn't really self settle as he sleeps on his tummy & just screams :( should I put him on his back to self settle then turn him once he is asleep or just leave him on his back & hope for the best? He usually sleeps through on his tummy, but wakes quite a lot when on his back.

Help!!!

What exactly does easy routine mean hun? Sorry if I sound silly just not heard of it lol xx

Eat, activity, sleep, you.

It's supposed to get them used to not being fed to sleep & naturally wearing themselves out playing during "activity" time x

The only one who gets worn out by playtime is me lol

Ah got it now :) I don't really have like a routine for Angel but I hardly ever put her straight down after a feed (apart from bedtime). When I notice her getting tired (usually 2 hours after last nap) I usually pop her in the crib and usually she's still in a play mode so I usually leave the room for a few mins (not if she's crying) just so she can wind down a bit, then I go in and settle her properly like put her in the sleeping bag, giving her dummy, giving her a kiss things like that xx

Henry is asleep now after a feed. He will wake, want more milk, play for a bit, feed again and sleep again.

Gonna try feeding him, bathing and puttin him to bed. He is usually sleepy after a bath so I'm hopin it will work x

I try it with Georgia - but im not religious about it if you know what i mean.

Sometimes it totally doesnt work - like she'll fall asleep during a feed, so straight after - but most of the time shes awake for a feed, then we have a wee play. Also cos G oftern doesnt sleeep for very long, she usually goes - E, A, S, A - but it defintely make it easier to figure out what she wants. Apart from teething we have a lot less episodes of unexplained fussiness.

I will admit, sometimes i am cuddling her to sleep - especially just now, but she has the cold and is teething - so i figure shes entitled to some cuddles.

xxx

Henry is asleep now after a feed. He will wake, want more milk, play for a bit, feed again and sleep again.

That's how we do it too. I think if they only eat when they wake up they won't nap for long.

The books I have read state that a young baby can spend a period of around 2 hours awake and after that will be sleepy. If you pay attention to that then when he starts to become tired it should be easier to put him to sleep than at other times.

The routine I have been doing has made it very easy for me to put her to bed because she's very ready to sleep iyswim.

She rarely fights it.

We do the easy routine too. I used to think that she was hungry wjen she was actually tired. Since starting the routine it is much easier to know what is wrong if she is upset. It has been working well for us :)

I usually aim to put her down to nap around 1.5/2 hours since she last napped. Unless she is clearly tired before then. Always try and get her to have a nap after her 4pm bottle too so she not to grumpy for bath time at 6pm x

As some of the other girlies have said i spent a few days watching Chloe and her signs and noticed that after about 90mins she was tired. so now we have a semi routine in place purely as i now know she will be due a nap at that time. But this is falling into place after getting a feed routine sorted. Hope it works out for you but read Henry's signs and go from there. Sometimes i think i just need to follow her but i understand you feed henry to sleep so need to try and turn that around.

I would make a note of when he feeds is it a regular intervals and try and work around those so that he isnt tired when he becomes hungry hun.

hope that makes sense x

I try to do it loosely, but Emily often sleeps after feeding in the afternoon, so it doesn't quite work. It works in the mornings though. X

He has to be fed every 2 1/2-3 hours. Neither of us has any choice about that at the mo as he isn't putting weight on so I've been told I have to feed him more regularly than the 3-4 hours he was naturally going.

That kinda throws reading signs out as whether he is hungry or not he has to be fed.

Ah ok yes that makes it a little trickier. x

I'm trying to feed tyler more in the day ATM. I feed him to sleep then give him more when he wakes. This also helps sometimes with extending naps most of the time he's pretty good these days

My boobs r starting to get really sore from the constant feeding. By nipple sore, actual boob sore. Cos he is feeding more I'm producing more but he isn't eating for long cos he isn't that hungry. He's just sleeping loads cos he is falling asleep after near enough every feed.

I just commented on your last thread but have u spoken to bf support? Just because some babies are slow gainers iykwim?

Yeah we do exactly that but not on purpose! Didn't know it was an official routine that had a name lol. We just fell into it

Yeah I went there on Thursday & spoke to the bf guru lol! She showed me the different latching techniques and feeding positions and said to feed every 2 1/2 - 3 hours instead of 1 1/2 - 2 hours the hv said x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back