• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Easter For Kids

Wobbles

Reaction score
I'm naughty I just like Easter eggs on the day just because ... :blush:

But Im wondering are their any parents that go OTT at Easter, do the kids get too much chocolate?

I have bought my girls both a fluffy teddy chick, a moo chocolate cow each (lol), a small easter egg and some mini easter decorated fairy buns from Sainsburys! Even that I think may be too much for a LO ...although Mummy will of course help Megan with hers :rofl:

I remember when I was younger I got gifts (like a bag, easter toy) but one of my neighbours always showed off with LOADS of eggs YAK! 10 at least.

x

mine can only eat a bit of chocolate so they have got egg cups for easter.. i will do a mini egg hunt round the house though (cadburys mini eggs)

theyre not getting any eggs off anybody else either!

mine are getting eggs from my mum, and ive asked other family members to get them sylvanian families to go with there hotel they got for xmas, i dont know what were getting them yet, it wont be choc tho!

I am trying not to buy any of my neices and nephews eggs this year - its all about little toys that will last longer than the chocolate!
Hubbies kids are getting clothes instead of eggs from us,
But Hubby better get me an egg otherwise I'll sulk!!!

i have bought my two a small egg each and an england strip each. Kieran always gets far to many eggs and i end up melting them down and baking with them. I have asked people not to buy eggs this year as it gets rediculous xx

chocolate taste the best but not really good for us. I know we all love them:)

AJ has alredy got 3 eggs sitting in the room off others :wall2:and more to come :wall2::wall2::wall2:
I'd rather him not get a load of chocolate.

I've bought him a roary swim bag, a cheeping chick, a choc cow and a thorntons lolly.

Me and OH are going to be eating lots of chocolate, Aidan doesnt really like it and he still has choc here from xmas!! :shock:

Whoops I forgot it was Easter jack hasn't got anything yet

:rofl: lol Mrs H!!

I've found out earlier that Evie has chocolate bunnies from her Grandparents, buttons from her Great Nanna, an egg from her Daddy and she came home from nursery today with another choccie bunny - totally mad, she is only one 1!!

So I've bought her a cute outfit instead, and I will prob help her out with all that choccie :lol:

My Caitlin got a bigger egg from nursery than she did me :rofl:

And Megan got a little handmade gift bag with a bow and I think inside is a packet of choc buttons!

x

My Caitlin got a bigger egg from nursery than she did me :rofl:

And Megan got a little handmade gift bag with a bow and I think inside is a packet of choc buttons!

x

:rofl: job done then!!

Sam's getting a small egg from us but my mum's bought him a pair of jeans instead, and I'm sure he'll kindly share his egg with me :lol: We're having an egg hunt in my mum's garden on Sunday but with those plastic eggs you put things inside so I've bought little bouncy balls, mini bubbles etc as well as some little chocolate eggs :yay:

i haven't had the childrens holidays experience yet.. plenty to come! BUT i was speaking to my fellow bingo-ers today on shift and asked them their plans for easter.. most of them were replacing eggs they had already bought because they ate them - lol! sounds like what i do now with my mothers day chocolates for 'mum'! :rofl:

Last edited:
I got breakfast sets for the lo's which they were more excited about this morning :lol:

Happy Easter today girls!

Mine just hakd a egg hunt, mine are 11,9 and 8 so they really want the chocolate!

We only got them a tall chocolate rabbit, (like the sort you would have loved to get as a child!!) and a packet of mini eggs each.

My mum got them a egg and my sister got them some small dinosaur and rabbit things.

So luckily we didn't get much this year, but I'm really mean, they can eat them slowley over the next month at least -saves me buying them saturday sweets!!!

You guys have done soo well not getting them chocolate - my mum never allowed presents instead of chocolate , didn't believe in it, and it kind of stuck with me. Although some of your ideas are great, toy egg hunts and breakfast sets- mine are too old for those - ahhh

Ahh sounds lovely JJ :). I can't wait for Evie to be old enough to take part in an egg hunt.

We've had a lovely day too, we all had roast chicken and all the trimmings and Evie did very well with her first proper roast dinner :) She has also eaten a chocolate carrot that came with one of the bunnies she had too. OH has the washing up now and I'm having a lie down :)

Happy Easter everyone xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back