Easter surprise for family!

peanut1982

Reaction score
OH and I got our BFP back on the 7th March and have been bursting to tell folk but managed to keep it to ourselves until last night! My dad works offshore and we didn't like to tell him over the phone so had decided to wait until he got home. It's been nice keeping it as our little secret, but when we heard Dad was home last night OH decided we were going to go for it and tell them. We dashed up to Tesco's to look for Happy Easter Granny/Grandad cards but ended up with Happy Birthday Granny/Grandad Cards, some tippex and a marker pen!

We were both so nervous even though we're 25 and 29, we've been together for 7 years and living together for 6 it still just felt so terrifying telling them!!! We sat and had a blether for a bit, they must've noticed something up with me as my face started to burn up and I felt I was on another planet, slurring my words and not taking in any of the conversation.

After what seemed like a couple of days (less than 5 mins apparently!) OH eventually said 'Oh I forgot, we got you a wee Easter pressie', and handed them the cards. Mam opened hers first and just sat them saying 'really..REALLY..' before bursting into tears and screaming how excited she was! Dad was just sitting grinning having not opened his yet, he eventually did and looked confused then surprised and excited too! Phew! (He thought we'd bought them a bungie jump voucher or something so think he may have been a little relieved too!!!)

It was such a lovely moment and so much easier than I expected, have no idea what I expected really, knew they'd be happy but just felt worried as it's not the sort of thing you tell your parents everyday! Mum was getting carried away a little planning moving the coffee table out of the room because of the sharp corners and digging out her old play dough recipe!!!

So hope everything goes to plan now, I've not seen a midwife or had a scan yet but last period was 3rd Jan so doc thought I must be over 10 weeks, just have to keep positive I guess. Was hoping it would stay quite low key and between us for a while but I've woken up to dozens of texts from relatives this morning so Mam must have been busy when we left!

I still don't feel pregnant (whatever that means!) but mum said she felt fab throughout her pregnancies with me and my bro and with no morning sickness or that so hopefully I'm just taking after her and everthing is good in there. Can't wait to see the midwife on Tuesday now and see how things go from here.

Jings, I've written a right essay here, I better go! Just so happy and been searching up how to tell parent's etc on here the last few days so thought I'd share my wee story.

Have a great Easter everyone!!! Gutted I've lost all desire in chocolate these last few weeks!!

S x

Absolutely thrilled for you!! I did the same thing with a card....on London Bridge actually, don't know why i chose there. Seemed easier with a card rather than just blurting it out.

My first Pregnancy was a breeze and you wouldn't have known anything about it until the bump got bigger and took up line dancing!!!!

I hope the rest of your pg is just as relaxed. Enjoy it, it's an experience like no other!!!!!

Ahhhh, that's a lovely story.

It's so nice when you can share your news with family and friends.

Sounds like you take after your Mum with regard to enjoying good pregnancies, lucky you!!!

Aww that was a lovely story. It brought tears to my eyes when i read the bit about you mam opening her card.

:hug: :hug:

We chose Easter weekend to break the news too - and travelled to three different towns to tell our closest relatives face-to-face. My Mum was absolutely thrilled, and said she just knew we had been trying (for a year, incidentally). Our whole family went away for a weekend last year, and my sister and BiL received a load of gifts for their new baby. My Mum said she noticed me and my OH give each other a reassuring look and a smile.
I could have cried when she told me that! Mums are so intuitive...

Lovely to hear you had a similar weekend Rocksy! How far along are you? We were going to wait until after our scan but thought it'd be nice to tell them at Easter. I thought my mum had already twigged too, she thought I'd lost weight and kept asking how my tum was these days (had big problems with periods in the past) but they were pretty surprised.

S

Only 7 weeks, Peanut, but we just couldn't wait to tell them! Only close family know at the moment, though. Friends and other family won't be told until after the scan...

That's a lovely idea! Glad they are so excited for you, even more people to share the ups and downs with now!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back