• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Early weaning?

willowwisp

Reaction score
I've been told I need to start weaning H early, 5 months instead of 6.

This is because he was premature. I asked for confirmation, 5 months from DD, or 5 months from the day he arrived (5 weeks early) and was told 5 months from actual arrival.

So he'll be 21-22 weeks (corrected this is 16-17 weeks) when we start. Does this sound right to everyone? And does anyone have any words of advice re starting this early?

I've been told today I have to start weaning k, because he has 5x 8oz bottles a day. He's 18 weeks and he now weighs 16lb 2oz xx

We've tried starting Seb at 5 months as he was preemie too, but he's just not having it! One big problem has been getting him to sit up straight as he's too small for his highchair. But in any case, he won't open his mouth and usually starts crying if I put food on his lips. Good luck! We're going to wait til 6 months now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premhospital
Back