Is my LO ready for Weaning?

Zodiac

Reaction score
He's only 18weeks, but for the last 3-4days has gone from only taking 1 boob per feed to basically draining both almost everytime & still being miserable as if hungry once he's drained me!!!

He's drooling a lot - so may just be miserable due to teething I guess.

Also - he was 6 weeks premature, so is it safe to start weaning this early, bearing in mind he's only 14 weeks corrected?
:?

Any advice greatfully received. Thanks.

i know nothing of the advice for a prem baby, but usually its 4-6 months to start weaning (tho alot of people say the later the better)

I had a very very hungery baby (still 99%ile) that at about 3 and a half months i had to start weaning. But she already had 4 teeth at this age! and was never ever satified with all the bottles in the world... plus when i was eating shed look at me very interested (all signs for weaning) So i started her on baby rice and rusks for a while. It did help. I didnt have any problems later or anything. But i didnt start 'propper meal times' till she was about 5-6 months.

I would say go with your instinct (but i really dont know the rules with a prem baby) If the above signs are there and you get no rest then i would go for it.

I'd say it was a growth spurt, babies go through a big one around 18 weeks and a lot of the time it's mistaken as being a sign that they're ready for solids (eating loads, restless etc).

I'd wait a couple of weeks and see what they're like then :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back