• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Early Symptoms - All in your head?

Loola

Reaction score
How come some months I have every possible pregnancy symptom under the sun and then the month after no signs at all? Do you think that your wanting and waiting for signs makes you feel them more? E.g. Last month my boobs were really sore from about 1 week past ovulation, I got my hopes up really bad, but of course no BFP and AF arrived on time, but that month I really wanted a BFP as it was my birthday.
This month because so much else is going on in my life its almost as if Ive forgotten to symptom spot and so I have none at all. I know full well Ill be symptom spotting like mad next month as Cheri predicted Feb for me.

Does anyone else get this? Are very early symptoms all in your head exagerated by your want for that BFP so badly?

Do you think perhaps that if it really was possible to not think about TTC every waking moment, and you really could just relax, that when you really do get pregnant you will know it because they will be different from all those 'spotted symptoms'?

Can any pregnant ladies confirm this? Did you have any real symptoms before you tested or did you just 'know' you were pregnant without having any symptoms?

I'd like to know this too!

I symptom spot all the time and always get let down - until I'm not thinking about it and all my "symptoms" disappear! Especially with things like feeling sick - the more I think about it the more I feel sick. I'm sure most of it must be in our heads. :lol:

I want to know too!

Every month I convice myself that I have morning sickness but then get a BFN!

At the weekend my mum mentioned that when she was pregnant she (all 3 times) never had any morning sickness or other early signs. Maybe I wouldnt get any either? I think I will try very hard from now on not to symptom spot! :?

We have not told anyone that we are TTC but for some reason my mum has recently being talking babies A LOT to me....do mums just know maybe? :think:

Hi Loola :wave:
I think alot of this symptom spotting lark is in our heads although some of it can be contributed to pre and post ovulation and our bodies getting ready for AF. My mum had no symptoms at all with both me and my brother but she said that she just had a feeling that she was pregnant, which is quite interesting in itself. I'm going to try and rely on my intuition from now on, which is surprisingly accurate 99% of the time rather than relying on my body telling me.
I really hope Feb is your month :pray: - i look forward to reading your announcement... and who knows i might 'bump' into you at the hospital one day!!
:D :hug:

I wasnt TTC and i had no idea what so ever i was pregnant before my BFP, I only tested as my period seemed to be late (they were a little irregular as i'd jsut come off pill) and i had period cramps at night but no period in the morning.
However i didnt really get morning sickness after that so theres a chance thats just how i am and some women will get more obivous symptoms even if they arnt spotting them

the month before i was preg i was sure i was like you i had every symptom under the sun, but then the month i was i didnt have any symptoms and was sure i wasnt..but then got my BFP :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back