Early Sweep??

jennifer1981

Reaction score
If you ask your midwife for a sweep at 38+ weeks is she likely to give you one? Only, iv got an appt today and am thinking of asking her xx

I think it depends on your midwife to be honest and how easy your pregnancy is going.
I had a straight forward pregnancy but when I got to 40+2 I was a bit fed up (not sleeping etc) I asked my MW at my 40+2 appointment and she refused and said it was policy that they would only do them when you were 7 days or more over. :( I was gutted but luckily I went into labour 2 days later anyway! :cheer:

I know some girls on here seem to have them early tho. :think:

I dont think they'll do one at 38 weeks, though its worth asking.

My midwife mentioned a sweep might come up at my next appointment, i'll be 40+1 and i've already decided if she's still in there i'll take it. I think that as long as you're over you're due date my area will do them, but as Sarah said some wont until you are quite a bit over

i asked for one last week, but because i was one day short of 40 weeks she wouldnt do it!!
Got to wait till tomorrow, if i havent popped...

But yours may do... some midwifes are quite leaniant!

I asked for one last week when I saw my consultant - she said no as apparently they're only really effective from 41 weeks onwards....

hi, i've been indeuced 3 times :shock: and really dont want to be induced again (it's awful) so i've had a word with my midwife and she has agreed to sweep me on my due date and recommended lots of hanky panky afterwards, apparantly theres prostin in sperm similar to the artificial gel? she said it's not common practice to give a sweep till 41 weeks but in my siuation shes willing to make an exception

Well girls... saw the midwife today and begged her for a sweep - she said i was too early but she would give me one next week (at which point i will be 39 plus 3. I hope i go before then..... :pray: Im still really fed up xx

My consultant got the MW to give me a sweep yesterday. I have been contracting a lot, but with no progression of my cervix. So, they are probably right about it not working too early.

Good luck with yours next week :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back