Early pregnancy question for those further along

Hchee1979

Reaction score
Hey Girls,

Well what a couple of days I've had. I started bleeding heavily on monday night so we went up to a&e where we waited for 2 hours to be seen, then they prodded my tummy and said that there was definitely something in there and did another pregnancy test which came back positive. The doc then said that they wouldn't be able to get me in for a scan for another 5-6 days! Luckily I had an early scan booked for the next morning so we got sent home.

Tuesday went for the scan...still bleeding and they found my baby's heartbeat (phew) and there was no possible explaination for all the blood so the nurse told me that its more than likely implantation bleeding (apparently I'm only 6 weeks gone and not 8 like I thought) She also said that now they had picked up a heartbeat that there is only 3% of a miscarriage! :smile:

Last night i continued to bleed and had some string brown within the blood - so I'm guessing this is old womb lining - has anyone else that this?

Got up this morning and I'm still bleeding so I'm very confused about whats happening - surely I shouldn't be bleeding for 3 days! Anyone else had the same problem and if so did everything turn out for the best?

Thanks in advance
x

I had bleeding on and off for 4 weeks each time I bled it last a good few days. Turned out to be my cervix, can't remember what they called it but it has stopped now and it doesn't effect the baby anyway, it's just one of them things apparently. My bleeding didn't start until after 12 weeks though but I guess it can really start at anytime. It was also a range of colours from brown to bright red and different amounts. the last bleed I has was a heavy one thats when they finally decided to let me go to the hospital to get checked out. The midwife told me that bleeding is rather common in pregancy and can be a caused by loads of things that aren't related to causing the baby any harm. Something I did not know!

Last edited:
Thats useful to know...people keep tellig me that its normal for some women to have a breakthrough bleed up to 12 weeks but its still worrying everytime you go to the loo!

Thanks for your responce - its nice to know that someone else has been thru it and everything is ok! :)

x

Yeah it is I was always going to the toilet to check, even when I didn't need it! and it doesn't help when they just tell you too relax and see what happens!

by the sounds of it yours isn't anything too worry about either and the fact that they found a heartbeat is a very good sign too :). If it gets worse or you get any cramping etc then make sure you call again though. I was always worried about phoning too much and annoying them but that is what they are there for and they don't mind at all!

i havent been through this but wanted to say good luck and just try and relax. im sure all with be fine. my sister had some bleeding during her pregnancy and my niece is now a little monkey at 2 years old. xx

Thanks girls for all the positive comments - you've made me feel a lot better about it.
I've been getting some cramps but I'm classing them as stretching uterus pains, cos I mentioned them to the midwife and she said its normal.

Guess its just a waiting game now! :)
x

I had bleeding with my last pregnancy too , something to do with the growth and stretching , I now have a very happy toddler so try not to worry its not unusual to have some bleeding :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back