Scare at 15 weeks, Pic attached

Em91

Reaction score
Hello, hope you're all ok

Had a bit of a scare last night/this morning woke up in the middle of the night with a lot of bleeding, Used my doppler and found the heartbeat so decided to try and get some sleep and see how things were this morning.

Woke up and was still bleeding & also couldn't find the heartbeat with doppler, there's the downside to the doppler it made me panic what with the bleeding to. So rang the EPU who said i should go straight in. After 20 mins with their doppler they still couldn't find the HB and they gave each other that 'worried' face and said we will scan you but it's not looking good, my heart sank then i think i accepted we'd lost the baby.

The sonographer said i'm only qualified to scan up to 12wks so if somethings wrong i can't confirm it you'll have to come back tomorrow! which worried me even more.

But pleased to say they put the ultra sound on and their was our little monkey bouncing about with it's back to us hense them not hearing the HB!... He/She is fine, They think reason for the bleeding is that my placentas quite low so they're hoping it will sort itself out before my 20 week scan if not might cause complications later on, anybody else had this? what happened?

Either way baby is alright :) Just been told to rest to prevent more bleeding, which i fully intend to do :)

Attachments

• 15 weeks edit.jpg
    15 weeks edit.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 35
I'm so pleased everything turned out well; great pics Xx

Gosh what a scare for u hunny :hugs: so glad all is well and u got to see ur lo again bouncing around xxx

Wow that must have been so scary. So pleased everything is ok honey. Now put your feet up!

omg bet you were really scared hun, really chuffed that your LO is all ok xx

Oh hun :hug: Sorry you had such a fright, naughtly little baby!! Hope your placenta sorts itself too. So glad baby is ok xxx

Oh Hun that must have been awful :hugs:
Glad all is well with LO.xx

That must of been so worrying! Glad everything is ok now hun :) great pic xxx

Glad all is ok :)

I have a low placenta which was discovered at my 20 week scan. My placenta covers my cervix which, if it stats there, will obstruct me having a natural birth. If yours is still low at your 20 week scan they should book you in for one later on to see if it has moved. Apparently it is common for your placenta to move upwards as baby grows.

Hope that helps x x

Thanks for all your replies. oh right thanks Kirsty they did say just to take it easy to prevent any more bleeds. and 80% chance it will correct itself by the time I have my scan on March 19th. just made me so paranoid that somethings going to go wrong. Think it was just seeing so much blood really shook me :( all I can do is keep FX that if I o as they say it'll turn out alright.

thanks again :).z

Pleased all ok!! Now put ya feet up and get some rest !! Take care xx

That mustve been scary for you, but glad ur lil'uns alright! Lovely pic too :) Now, you get some rest nd let ur oh run around after you!

Hi Em!

That must have been so scary. I had exactly the same last week at 15 weeks, heavy bleeding with clots. The bleeding had lasted off and on and finally stopped yesterday morning and no more since. At my scan the EPU said that they saw no obvious reason for the bleed but talked about cervical ectropion, which is thought to be relatively harmless. It could be what you are experiencing if your scan came back with everything being ok.

Hope you manage to get some rest, if you are still bleeding make sure you get yourself signed off for a little whole so you can actually keep your feet up.

Xxx

How frightening for you. I'm glad everything's ok with baby. I agree with what everyone else has said, make sure you get lots of rest and stay off work if you need too. Sending a big :hug: your way x

You poor thing, sorry you had to go through that scare. On the positive side, at least you got to see the little on on screen again. x

How frightening for you. I'm glad everything's ok with baby. I agree with what everyone else has said, make sure you get lots of rest and stay off work if you need too. Sending a big :hug: your way x

Thanks yeah luckily its half term week and I work in a school so gotta go in a couple of days but will deffo be taking it easy.

Wow, so glad everything is ok with you and LO :) Must have been so awful for you!!! xxx

Omg must have been sooo scary so glad all is ok and what a lovely picture xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back