Earliest gender?

The Harmony test (Ariosa Diagnostics, California USA) is a type of non-invasive prenatal test (NIPT). The Harmony test assesses blood from the mother, looking at the baby's DNA in her blood (analyses maternal serum for fetal DNA). It provides limited screening for chromosomes 21, 13, 18 and/or XY (sex chromosomes).

xxxx

It won't tell you anything about spina bifida you have to wait until your fetal anomaly scan at 20 weeks for that, the harmony test only tests for the chromosome abnormalities that I said in my last post.
The cost varies depending on where you are in the uk and what clinic you chose. I had mine done at GCRM in Glasgow and it cost £600

A pricey test if it were just for gender then. :lol:

xxxx

Haha.... definitely not for gender! It was an added bonus xx
All of you young ladies won't need it done anyway, I'm 42 now and previously lost a boy at 13 weeks due to a chromosome abnormality so I would always come out as high risk with the standard NHS screening because of my risk factors so it was important for us to have a more accurate risk factor. It is not a diagnostic test, it still only gives a risk factor but I'm reassured enough that my risk was <1 in 10000 chance which I would never have got with NHS screening.

Aw Im sure it is love.

I know you had your reasons just to the OP if she was thinking perhaps its just a wee blood test that tells you gender :p ofcourse money well spent for the reassurance.

What was your nhs ones out of intrest? Did they come back high risk?

xxxx

I didn't get it done NHS Claire, spoke with Prof Cameron and we agreed it would just cause unnecessary stress as it would more than likely be high risk because of my risk factors so just went straight for harmony xx before NT measurement or NHS bloods my risk was sitting at 1 in 70 chance with the NHS anyway.

Oh were they? I guess if you had pre existing problems and knew you were getting them you probably wouldnt bother with the nhs ones. Were as some would get the nhs ones then realize oh there may be a problem and get harmony.

Whatever the case the money is well spent and you know your little man is healthy and you can totally put that worry aside.

Its a good thing :)

xxxx

Yeah has definitely relaxed us. You can't put a price on reassurance really xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27