ear thermometers

foxymum

Reaction score
can anyone recommend a good easy to use digital ear thermometer plz?
had a look on ebay but they all look the same, i want a good one, without breaking the (empty!) bank if poss?

thanks girls.

I have a no touch one, its electric and digital but you hold it just in front of the forehead instead of having to put it in babys ear..it dosnt touch so you can take temp when they are asleep without disturbing them too .. its a summer one, got it at babys r us cant remember how much but wasnt too bad

i have the calpol one but it was £30! xxx

Hi!
I've not seen any of the ear thermometers in the shops but I know they are very expensive! I am a childrens nurse, and we don't use the ear ones cause they are so pricey!(nhs....no money etc!!)
We use the paper ones which go under the arm or tongue. The digital ones that go under the arm are just as good as the ear ones, if not more accurate (depending on which piece of research you read). They are about £7 from boots or superdrug! When I was training to be a nurse, we all had our own which we used on our placements on the wards! I guess if they use them in hospital, you can use them at home.
Hope this helps :D

Don't get the ear thermometer from baby's r us (not the same as the one Cassi mentions). We got that, and I was trying it out back in 2nd tri when I had a uti. I ended up thinking my temp was really high and it turned out when I tested on susequent days that my temp was absolutely fine, although the baby bruin one kept on saying I had a fever.....

thanks for that girls.
i have got a digitla one for underarms but its a mamas & papas one & it doesn't come with instructions, so its just guess work how to use it :oops: thats why i was gonna get an ear one.
sounds like the one cassi said sounds good, coz it won't interfere with the baby if its asleep!
:hug:

ive got a phillips one, which is a dummy with a digital readout on the front its really good, the case and teat bt unscrew from the sensor and can be sterilized xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back