• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dying your hair!!!

MissGobby

Reaction score
I was just thinking today that my roots could do with touching up but is it ok to have your hair dyed throughout your pregnancy?!?! i dont want to do anything to harm lil bean so thought i should make sure!!!

xx

i was thinkin the same thing, and booked myself in for hair app tomorrow hehe..

ok.. the only thing is your hair may not take to the dye aswell, or it may not go colour you expected...

but this is unlikely..

it wont hurt your lil bean..i'm having half head of highlights,

i will mention it to them, jus to be on safe side.. but after searchin online, and asking loads of close friends who've had children, and my dad who's had 5 (not licterally lol :rotfl: ) he said my mum did and she never had problem xxx

I dyed my hair all the way through my first pregnancy. It will be fine hun, hair dyes don't have all the harmful chemicals they had years ago xx

I dyed my hair but it did affect the colour. It seemed darker than normal but I'm sure your hairdresser will allow for that if you tell her :D

i dyed mine recently and the colour took well but my hair is still bleeding colour now! not sure if this is due to being pregnant or not, but i dyed my friends hair at the same time, same colour and his hasnt bled at all

I've died mine once since being pregnant and it didn't take as well as normal, other than that it's been ok :)

I think you should avoid bleach though... Not sure so don't quote me on it! xx

thanks girls!!! its my mate who does mine, she is a hairdresser but didnt want to book her and then not be able to have it done, as long as it doesnt harm bean then i will have it done soon!! :D

When I was pregnant with my daughter (she's 10 now) I was at college doing a hairdressing course. I changed from highlights to a full head (blonde). Using cream developer & your tube of colour (not bleach, so not as harsh). This is absolutely fine but got to say that it was painfull as it was touching my scalp. Each time I had my regrowth done during pregnancy I found it painful. After i'd had my daughter I had it done and it didnt bother me half as much. Found it the same with leg waxing too! I'm sure pregnancy makes you much more sensitive to pain :? .....just thought i'd warn you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatema53
Back