Dummy's

l_maclean

Reaction score
Georgia settles better with a dummy, and I'm quite keen for her to have one as shes pretty good at finding her thumb, which I don't want. Also there's a family history of SIDS.

Thing is, she kinda wakes if she loses it, starts grisling etc, so wondering how long I leave it before I give her it back?? She's not even 2 weeks old yet, but I don't want to get her into bad habits of expecting it back instantly - especially during the night. Xxx

I normally leave Rhea for a min if she isn't crying then I don't rush. It's always hit and miss kian always wanted his straight back. Just play it by ear lo will soon let u know what she needs xxx

Did the fact that kian wanted it back right away not make for a very unsettled night?? Xxx

No not really he used to hang on to it quite well and then they soon learn to find them themselves. Used to get upto him maybe 2-3 times but he was good at self settling with the dummy. Rhea seems the same but she does sometimes go to sleep without it xxx

Your welcome hope Georgia gets into a good routine for u. Rhea is asleep ( u watch her wake up now !!) and hadn't got her dummy in and she normally starts noticing it gone bout 6 ish so fx I'll get few hrs uninterrupted sleep !! Xxx

hey hun we had the same problem with j!! we just kinda had to live with slightly disrupted sleep for a bit. however when he got his dummy back he was asleep straight away so could go straight back to sleep. eventually he knew that throwing it our of his cot we would come running haha! we bought eventually

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=du...rt=14&ndsp=16&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:14&tx=73&ty=62

and it worked a dream for us. we only thought about these alot later so not sure what age we would have started him with one at. but its too short for j to wrap it round his neck etc and it means he never loses it!!

xx

Wss^^^ we lived with disrupted sleep too for a while but as lo got older he managed to find it and put it back in himself! Now i leave about two or three in his cot for him to find!

We had a dummy keeper but he liked to pull on the string lol and the. He cpuldnt get it back in. Cherry dummies seem to stay in better for Charlie and he won't have any other 1 really x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back