• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dummies

Keely

Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone know of any dummies that stay in babies mouth better or is it just that i have a lazy baby that it falls out all the time ... I am using an advent one that came in the free kit @ boots parenting club.

Thanks

Keely xxx

Harley still cant keep one in lol Dior never could but then wouldnt nod of with out one, so i used to hold it in till they fell asleep. or put a lil blanket by it to hold it in (sounds cruel ) but they love to suckle to sleep

i use the mam ones too

Damien uses the orthodontic shaped ones, and spits it out when he doesnt really want it. When he was a baby though I just had to persevere with putting it back in :wall: He only has it when he is tired now to settle him to sleep, that's the only time he wants it. He spits it out when eventually asleep. He favours his thumb during the day now!

thanks girls looks like we just have lazy babies ... aint it so annoying keep up it back it :wall: I am like if you want it keep it in your bloody mouth!!! haha ONLY JOKING xxx

We have the same problem with Charlie although he is crafty now and demands his dummy, if we dont give in then he sticks his thumb in his mouth on his right hand and pulls at his hair with his left till he falls asleep.
He only has the Avent ones cos he wouldnt have anything other than the sample one we had in the Avent pack and it took us ages to find them in Boots! He now has the 3-6 month version and they seem to stay in better (think he has a big mouth :cheer: )
He only tends to have one when he is tired or fed up/grumpy which isnt too bad and I gave up sitting one night for nearly 2 hours at the side of his moses basket trying to keep the dummy in when he was newborn and said forget it, limited to putting it back in for 5 attempts then he had to do without and he now keeps it in for a while, spits to out and goes to sleep! :sleep:

i saw them starter advent packs in boots but im in the club and i didnt get a voucher for one of these?? :(

i have the tommee tippe natural flex orthodontic ones...but my baby aint here yet so i dont know what theyr like

I have got some of the nuby orthadontic ones :)

cassi said:
I have got some of the nuby orthadontic ones :)

I liked the look ofthose ones but they seemed a bit top heavy when in the babys mouth if you know what I mean. I think jess didnt do well with those ones because she had latex teats on her bottles and the nubys are silicone.

I have the mam ones, they are shaped quite well to the mouth. Jess has one but I dont think Joe needs one. He isnt as sucky as Jess was. Time will tell.

yeah they are quite top heavy and the teats are very small, but some of the babies at nursery have them and seem to be quite good with keeping them in etc.

I will also get some of the mam air dummies, the ones with just the outline of the dummy and open space around the mouth, stops all the moisture getting trapped around the mouth leaving rashes.

cas x

cassi said:
I will also get some of the mam air dummies, the ones with just the outline of the dummy and open space around the mouth, stops all the moisture getting trapped around the mouth leaving rashes.

cas x

Thats exactly the ones jess has, they are fab and they look cool as well. They do help with the moisture. Nice bright colours. If Joe needs them, it will be nice to get boy colours for a change instead of pink and purple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back