Dummies

My 1st son didn't have a dummy, I was adamant my 2nd son wouldn't but he ended up in NICU and they couldn't wait to shove them in. Now I'm quite thankful for them.

I don't like dummies either but reading about them makes me think they are a good idea for the first year-ish But working in a school can see the affects of them on speech if parents leave them until toddler age.

Tilly chops has a dummy. This was on recommendation of the paediatrician as a way of soothing her when the reflux flares up. It creates saliva which is soothing to the throat.

She didn't take one at first but now I wouldn't be without it.

I don't worry too much about it, the doctor said it wouldn't cause any lasting damage at this stage and it definitely helps calm her down

It doesn't worry me either, personally I love dummies, I love the noise she makes when I give it to her after shes been crying, kind of nom nom nom lol. I too bought them because of the sids advice, was also told that if baby is sick whilst on their back the sucking motion helps baby swallow rather than choke, having observed this first hand I'm inclined to agree.

I originally bought tt closer to nature dummies as I was breastfeeding but Sofia hated them, ended up with the tt cherry which seems to be a popular choice and she is happy with them :) tbh she can take or leave them and only once or twice a day actually needs them iykwim x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

It doesn't worry me either, personally I love dummies, I love the noise she makes when I give it to her after shes been crying, kind of nom nom nom lol. I too bought them because of the sids advice, was also told that if baby is sick whilst on their back the sucking motion helps baby swallow rather than choke, having observed this first hand I'm inclined to agree.

I originally bought tt closer to nature dummies as I was breastfeeding but Sofia hated them, ended up with the tt cherry which seems to be a popular choice and she is happy with them :) tbh she can take or leave them and only once or twice a day actually needs them iykwim x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

I love the little chomping noise too... its very cute!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back