Dummies/soothers

I don't intend to use one as don't want it to affect bf and it can (it doesn't always but it can) bf reduces SIDS too.
I may end up using one though, depends what happens I guess! Who knows what it'll be like.....! It's all going to be brand new and every baby is different xx

Totally agree Hun for most of us it's all a new experience so I'm just going to wait and see x

All 3 of mine have had them my son only bf for a day so can't comment really for him bfing and using a dummy but my daughters went through to 6/7 months bfing and using a dummy just fine x

I think the main thing is to realise that a dummy can affect bf as the latch is different, just like bottle feeding too early can as well. As long as you're aware of that then you can make informed choices. We'll all have to make these choices and decisions for our babies and it's best just to focus on the right thing for your baby, not worry or judge what other people do.

I, for one, cannot understand not wanting to bf, but it's up to people to decide for their own babies and bodies. It's a no-brainer for me as it reduces your cancer risk, osteoporosis risk and all sorts, and that's just benefits for mum. But anyway....

It's easy to be idealistic about no dummies, cosleeping or formula etc now but wait till baby won't sleep.or feed and we'll all be different. Haha xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back