Due date today

Dee28

Reaction score
I don't venture in here very often but today would have been my due date. I've felt so sad these past few weeks imagining what would have been, my miscarriage was early around 6 weeks and I think everyone just forgot about it and put it down to one of those things that just wasn't meant to be. Even though I told hubby last Friday why I was so upset I don't think he's remembered today either. I think I've fixated on this day to get some sort of closure, I hope I can xx

I was exactly the same with the due date of my angel baby. I wrote a little note to the baby on the due date to say happy birthday and that I would always love them etc. Made me feel better once I had done that and I did feel like it was the end of a chapter. You will never forget and sometimes even now after 3 years my emotions catch me off guard but most of the time I am able to remember my lost baby now without crying and feeling absolute despair. It will get better hun, it might not feel like it but it will. My OH didn't remember our babies due date either, I think a lot of men are just terrible at remembering things like that even with reminders, I just think us women will always have the due date forever lodged in our memory. Sending you lots of hugs today x

Last edited:
So sorry Dee, these days are so hard. I did find that there was a small sense of closure after each due date went by. I found that people were like that too with my earlier losses, almost like it wasn't a big deal...its a huge deal and it really is a grieving process to get through. Thinking of you xx

I totally know how you are feeling. My due date was Valentines Day & I spent most of the weekend in tears, luckily everyone was really supportive but I just found it so difficult! Strangely enough tho, since then I've felt a lot better, I think it was my last hurdle to get over.
Thinking of you xx

Thank you girls, I've kept myself busy, trying not to dwell. I hope now it's not looming on the horizon I will feel a bit better, although that weirdly makes me feel sad too as there really is nothing left of those few gloriously pregnant weeks xx

Big hugs hun, i did find things easier after the dreaded due date.
It's not the last , i do something every mothersday to remember my angel baby x

My first lost baby's due date was my birthday! so the when my birthday came around I was hating seeing happy birthday as it was meant to be a birth day! I feel worse about this loss as I saw this baby on scan alive before miscarrying, but the second 2 losses I never saw or heard etc, but still remember their due dates. I fell pregnant 2 weeks after my birthday that year with my rainbow baby who is now 11 months.

never give up hope and never forget your angels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back