Due Date today!

snr1982

Reaction score
It's my due date today - and I'm getting nothing at all :(. I've a feeling I'm going to have to be induced like the first time round :(

Hiya snr, happy due date! Just wondering.. whats the process about being induced? when do they start inducing you, like the sweep etc.

Hope things start moving for your soon xx

thanks Scottish lassie, I hope things start moving for me too - hopefully without the pain part.. haha.

I've a sweep booked on wednesday, then I guess if that doesn't work I will get another one, then after that i am going into the hospital to be induced around the 2nd July. To be honest I can't remember what they did last time to bring it all on, I've a crap memory, can't remember what I did a few days ago never mind 10 years. :lol: It's not bad I'm just not looking forward to being stuck in the hosptial, really wanted to just stay at home for most of it. Also becuase they strapped me to a monitor last time for the baby I couldn't move around and was stuck on my back the whole time and had to give birth that way, which isn't the best. Anyway that isn't very helpful for you, sorry! maybe someone else can help out..

i know how you feel about the crap memory, its definetely got worse the past few months, memory like a siv! Nah thats quite helpful hun thanks, gives me a rough idea of what they do :). Will probably ask about it at my next mw appt which is only couple of weeks away.

I think when it comes to being in labour, when things start i will want to be in hospital asap, probably because i'm nervous and its my first. But i'm trying to remind myself i will probably be more comfortable at home for as long as possible. I just don't want anything to go wrong and be far away from the hosp - its quite a treck to the hospital like!

Never know maybe your baba will make a surprise appearance before your sweep! :) x x

Hi snr - hope things start moving along for you soon.

hey,

happy due date hun. mine in a couple of days. woo hoo.

hope things get moving soon you have a very important date on thursday. lol.

im getting really down about the thought of being induced. really dont want it to happen. for exactly the reasons you said being stuck in hospital in bed. i want an active labour and to be in and out as quick as i can.

fingers crossed our babys will behave themselves. xxx

Happy due date!! There's a queue of us due in the next few days, u today, me tomorrow, nmf Wednesday! Sureeely we will have some sort of labour watch! Ooo I'm off to check clairebears thread... Xxx

Hey, give it 48 hours and things may start moving chick.. x

i know how you feel about the crap memory, its definetely got worse the past few months, memory like a siv! Nah thats quite helpful hun thanks, gives me a rough idea of what they do :). Will probably ask about it at my next mw appt which is only couple of weeks away.

I think when it comes to being in labour, when things start i will want to be in hospital asap, probably because i'm nervous and its my first. But i'm trying to remind myself i will probably be more comfortable at home for as long as possible. I just don't want anything to go wrong and be far away from the hosp - its quite a treck to the hospital like!

Never know maybe your baba will make a surprise appearance before your sweep! :) x x

:lol: I've no memory anyway but this pregnancy has just screwed me totally. my other half is always laughing at me for being daft. Yeah you will be more confortable at home, there is nothing to be nervous about really, once it starts your body just takes over and you know what to do. You will be fine :). I'm a fair trek away from my hosptial too :). and the car is in for an MOT on wednesday which is the day I'm getting my sweep! So could turn out to be an interesting day on Wednesday - If not I'm going to Glasgow on Thursday for the take that concert so the chances are the baby will decide that is the day it wants to come - When I'm over 150 miles away from home and my other half! :shock: hehe.

Thanks Beanstar :)

Cheers nmf - YES THUSDAY is a big day! :lol: could be very interesting... see what happens at the sweep on Wednesday, not 100% sure i should risk it. Esp as I'm catching a train back up as well - so its not like they will be able to stop and let me off at the hospital if things start there! pmsl! will be gutted if i can't go though. Hopefully things will move along for you too! have you had anything new?

Happy due date!! There's a queue of us due in the next few days, u today, me tomorrow, nmf Wednesday! Sureeely we will have some sort of labour watch! Ooo I'm off to check clairebears thread... Xxx

Thanks Heidi, Are you getting any signs? I know surely one of us three will go in the next couple of days or by the weekend at least. Have you got a sweep or anything booked yet?

Last edited:
just period pains and backache hun. was in tears last night as pains in foof were awful everytime he moved his head. the joys of them engaging and not coming out. think everything is getting to me at the minute.

just fed up of having pains and some tightenings and it not progressing. xxx

oh and had a constant headache last days or so which someone said is a sign. whether it is or not i dont know but paracetamol isnt shifting it. xxx

Happy due date!!! I got no warnings at all, I just woke up in labour.... maybe you will go tomorrow

just period pains and backache hun. was in tears last night as pains in foof were awful everytime he moved his head. the joys of them engaging and not coming out. think everything is getting to me at the minute.

awww sorry to hear that :( Try not to let it get too you, it will be over soon and we will have forgotten all about this bit :). I'm fed up of people making comments, like "oh you are still here then" and "thought you would have had it by now, you've been pregnant forever!" Grr i just want to be left alone now. hehe.

snr1982... not alone am still here,,, getting pain here and there but nothing yet too...so look at the bright side she/he will come out soon

awww sorry to hear that :( Try not to let it get too you, it will be over soon and we will have forgotten all about this bit :). I'm fed up of people making comments, like "oh you are still here then" and "thought you would have had it by now, you've been pregnant forever!" Grr i just want to be left alone now. hehe.

Had people saying that to me all last week and am sick and tired of it...:roll:

^ oooooo yay! I'm excited now there is someone else getting just about nothing, sorry! i shouldn't be but its good to know someone else is the same. Have you been booked in for a sweep or anything?

No but am planning to ring the midwife and have little discussion about it.. what about you babe?

oh yeah i would call them and find out, when is your next appointment? I've got mine on wednesday. Its been booked since my 38 week appointment. she has even given me a rough date for being induced which is the 2nd July. so it's something to focus on I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back