Due date confusion

rocksyroberts

Reaction score
OK, stupid bloke question here... but is it possible for a consultant to have miscalculated my wife's due date?
I've had a look at those 'due date calculators' you can get on the net, and they all calculate it from the first day of your last period. I put that in based on what my wife tells me, and they all come back with November 13th.
However, when we went to see a consultant for a private six-week scan waaaaaaay back, he changed the initial midwives estimate of Nov 13th to Nov 7th, and that's what we've been working towards/planning for.

Would anyone be able to shed any light on why he might have done that? :?

Hiya..

As far as I know a scan is the best way to date the baby, especially a scan that early. So they will always go with the scan date as your wife probably ovulated a little earlier.
I'm not too sure but I hope it helps. :D

If I recall correctly, you should alwys use the date given at your 12week scan, this is because these are the most accurate measurements. When babies are scanned earler or later on in pregnancy they differ in size, development etc whereas at 12 weeks or there about they are all pretty much the same size, this is one of the reasons they offer scans at 12 weeks instead of say 16 weeks. So if I were you I would use the ue date given after your 12 week scan.

Alex xxx

rocksyroberts said:
OK, stupid bloke question here... but is it possible for a consultant to have miscalculated my wife's due date?
I've had a look at those 'due date calculators' you can get on the net, and they all calculate it from the first day of your last period. I put that in based on what my wife tells me, and they all come back with November 13th.
However, when we went to see a consultant for a private six-week scan waaaaaaay back, he changed the initial midwives estimate of Nov 13th to Nov 7th, and that's what we've been working towards/planning for.

Would anyone be able to shed any light on why he might have done that? :?

did he do it from date of cenception, or did he do it from measurements on scan?
have u had NHS scans since, if so what dates did they give you?

Now I think about it - the consultant gave us the date as November 7th at the 12-week scan. Sorry, we've had so many of the bloody things I've lost track!

Based on what you're all saying then, that means he probably calculated it based on the measurements. It was at the six-week scan that they said the 13th. That makes more sense now - thanks!!

Yes go off the 12 week scan measurements so you DD is the 7th Nov, but then your baby will probably be born on the 13th heehee Just to be cheeky! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back