DTD after miscarriage...

PrincessPeanut

Reaction score
I am eager to get going in TTC again with my husband since having our miscarriage two weeks ago, but has anyone else felt very nervous about it? I know I'll get over my nerves when it comes down to it, but I'm really anxious about it after the trauma I went through.
Anyone else been like this or am I just being silly?

PP xXx

Hey yea it is very daunting. Try to relax and take things at your own pace. Once you've don't it the first time you will relax and get back into it xx

Hi PP you're not being silly, once any spotting has stopped & you want to try again you're good to go, we started have sex once spotting had stopped but I avoided ovulation days as I wanted to have a period so I knew my dates. After my second MMC I found it harder to enjoy sex for a couple of months as my emotions were all over the place, also because we had tests done following the 2 MMC we didn't start trying again for 4 to 5 months. It's really down to you and your OH & how you feel physically & emotionally xxx

Last edited:
So sorry youre going through this :(

We were the same hubby was happy to start ttc soon as i was but it was nervewracking sounds silly but its not was exactly how i felt too

Big hugs hun xx

Thanks ladies, I honestly thought I was just being silly.

PP xXx

Took me about 4 months before i could even consider dtd again
Just couldnt seperate the act of sex and ttc with having had a loss
I think i might have actually started crying whilst sat on him that first time too... I was still a mess x

I found it really emotional and strange. After first couple DTD I got my head round it but it really does take time / effort imo.
Best wishes xx

Hi there, after my first miscarriage we DTD straight away and ended up having our late miscarriage at 17 weeks. This time we waiting 3 months. 1. for my cycle to be regular 2. just so I wasn't an emotional wreck. However it is upto the individual and if you are ready go for it! good luck

Thanks ladies,

I braved it.... went ok, bit dubious to start with but I managed to enjoy it a little. Now I can't shake the husband off with a stick now he nows I'm back in action! lol

PP xXx

ive had 3 mcs all one after another, been at epau today to confirm 3rd one, although ill now be having tests. I was told to wait 2 periods to try. I am waiting for tests first tho x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back