Dry skin on newborn?

claire2711

Reaction score
Hey gals

Riley is 8 days old, and for the past few days, his skin has been quite dry, and flaky. MW said to try massaging oil in, and we have been doing that....but it doesnt seem to be making it much better :?

just wondering if any o you guys have any miracle cures for this type of thing?

thanks! :)

Angel had it so bad. I was pulling it off in strips.
I spoke to HV and was give a tub of Hydromol (sp) Worked wonders! It's like vaseline. You can put it in the bath or direct onto the skin. Took a couple of days and there was a huge difference!

We used Aqueus cream (sp?!) on recommendation of MW. You can use it like a cream or in the bath. It cleared up sooner or later. Its dead cheap for a massive tub in Superdrug. Might be worth a try?

Olive oil worked wonders on Becky and we still use it a couple of times a week :)

Aqueous cream, been using on Theo since birth, and its very reasonably priced too :D

jue said:
Aqueous cream, been using on Theo since birth, and its very reasonably priced too :D

your doc can prescribe this but olive oil is better IMO :wink:

This stuff:
http://www.naturalbabyshower.co.uk/pure ... tions.html
worked wonders on my little girl immediately. She had dry skin for weeks, especially her hands and feet, but since we started putting a capful of this in her bath she has lovely skin. It's all natural stuff :D
My friend's daughter had cradle cap and this oil has worked wonders on her too.

Olive Oil worked for us, the dry skin cleared up within days :)

We didn't have a problem with it till we bathed Galen at 9 days old. Then we used Calendula lotion. Worked brilliantly and his skins been fine ever since.

Olive oil for me too :D

Are you using soap when bathing your LO? If you are, I'd suggest just bathing in water & maybe soaping once a week only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back