Dry skin patches?

Sage

Reaction score
For about a week ive noticed more and more dry patches of skin on kyrans legs. They're not red or flakey you can just feel really rough skin in places. Ive been covering him in baby oil but he's getting more patches :think:

Any ideas?

try putting a bit of vasiline on them, Thomas has had some and midwife said to try that and it worked :)
manda xx

Asher has very dry skin. Baby oil didn't touch it.

I'd try E45 or aqueous cream. You can get the GP to prescribe it so you don't have to buy it.

K.x

Danica had the same. GP prescribed DiproBase but I didn't really use it. Patches dissapeared while we were in Serbia so I am convinced the water in Cheltenham is causing them (my skin has become very dry too). A few of the patches are back now but nothing as bad as they were before. And I think they were worse before the first tooth appeared!

My MW told me not to use baby oil on a baby at any time, as it is petroleum based and as it gets absorbed it ends up in their system.
For dry skin patches I used my nipple cream, which was really effective. They usually recommend aqueous cream as a first step to clearing it up.

yeah baby oil will probably dry it out more as said above-
i use olive oil- from boots or chemist..not the one you cook with!!
or aqueous cream as others have said as its water based its hydrating!

thanks for the help

I tried the vaseline but doesnt seem to be working so im guna try E45 cream, hopefully that will do the trick! I thought it might be due to the bath water....strange its only on his legs though? :think:

speak to the hv about it, jack ad these and turns out
it is eczema, he has diprobase cream which is great and
oilatum in the bath

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111