dry skin and itching

Robyn_

Reaction score
ive been getting quite bad dry skin on my tummy and i itch all over my body,
is there any cream you can recommend, i am using nivea cream at the moment but i dont know if theres anything else i can use?

hi robyn, i went through a stage like that around 18 weeks of pregnancy, mine was my legs though, god it drove me crazy, i found using baby oil eased it off... all depends what skin you have i think .. pregnancy dries you out so u need to replenish it a bit

good luck hope it wears off soon
Oh mine has worn off now thank god
xx

I have been using palmers coconut butter. You can get it from any supermarket. Its great for stretch marks also.

yea i get itchy legs and is very annoying still get it now and then.

i scratch for ages tehn apply the cream lol even beamed the shower on my legs till burning sensation went it felt good .

my midwife said this cream its from boots its called aqueous cream.

if u cant find it ask someone i was lucky i found it before my fiance got irrated. else i would of asked someone.

If u suffer from hayfever use vaseline, just under your nose, its to lock in the pollen. only thing u can use while u are preggers if u suffer from hayfever. I asked lloyds pharmacy and boots both recommended it to me :) vaseline lip therapy that is dont get other stuff lol

Hi

I use palmers cocoa butter as well but my tummy is still itchy all the time ive even got bumps where ive scratched :?
Hope you find somthing that works for you
Katrina

I had exema even before I was pregnant so I have aqueous cream on prescription, its really soothing and i'm pretty sure you can buy it over the counter too. Also I use Palmers cocoa and shea butter for stretchmarks on my stomach which is really thick so it seems to stay on all day. The only other one I have used before is E45 but not the itch relief cream it stings like crazy if your skin is broken at all.
I would recommend you stay away from perfumed products like nivea because the scented ingredients in them can irritate your skin.

Evie x

Ive been having the same problem on my legs...the itchng is driving me mad! i find that the palmers cocoa butter is the best thing because its so thick it stays on for ages and you dont have to keep reapplying.

I've been going swimming so the chlorine is making my skin really itchy. The other week I used a body lotion which I have used in the past before, and I came out in a really itchy red rash over my arms and legs, so I've daren't use any other moisturisers for now. Might try a patch test of aqueous cream to see if I'm OK with that.

OopsyDaisy said:
I've been going swimming so the chlorine is making my skin really itchy. The other week I used a body lotion which I have used in the past before, and I came out in a really itchy red rash over my arms and legs, so I've daren't use any other moisturisers for now. Might try a patch test of aqueous cream to see if I'm OK with that.

Because of my skin problems my GP recomended that I cover my skin with vaseline before swimming (especially problem areas), makes you shiny but it really stops the chlorine from getting to you!

Evie x

:shock: I nearly forgot to mention sudocream too, its brilliant if you have itchy but damaged skin because its medicated, just dont get any on your clothes, it never comes off!!!!

evemarie8 said:
Because of my skin problems my GP recomended that I cover my skin with vaseline before swimming (especially problem areas), makes you shiny but it really stops the chlorine from getting to you!

Evie x

I thought about that but I was worried I'd end up causing an oil slick in the pool! Haha! I suppose this doesn't happen then?

i have been getting it really bad on my legs. problem is i have quite long nails and i start scratching often at night and i dont realise how much im scratching and i scratch so much i make them bleed my legs look a right old mess!

Oooooh I had this last night. I was fast asleep til around 3am when the itching on my legs woke me up! :shock: I was rolling around for about an hour trying to stop the itching but in the end I used a handful of E45 anti-itch cream and that cooled it off enough so I could get back to sleep :D

I se the palmers cocoa butter too - I put it on every morning all over after I get out of the shower - I did it before I was pregnant too.

OopsyDaisy said:
I thought about that but I was worried I'd end up causing an oil slick in the pool! Haha! I suppose this doesn't happen then?

Only if you get in the jacuzzi!!!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: It makes the vasaline melt!!!!

its so annoying, i think ill have to get some of the palmers cocoa butter
cos thats what everyone is recokmending,
my tummy is so bad not matter how much cream i put on it.. its still dry, ive been making it bleed.. :(
but its all over my body..
hopefully this stuff will work :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back