Dropping a sleep?

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
Please no he doesn't sleep enough as it is!!

The last week he's been getting up at 5ish (and not going back down for at least an hour!) so instead of his rough nap routine
9ish, 12ish, 3ish, bed 6.30
He's been having a 6-7ish nap
9-11ish, 12-2ish, then nothing until 6.30. I do really try he's tired just no interest!

ARGHHH hope he's not dropping it!

oh dear, i hope he sleeps better for you soon hun x

How are you getting him off for his naps? 4 hours in the afternoon until bed seems a long time to go without a nap at his age?! X

Pinky I know how u feel ruby hardly sleeps at all she will have a 20min nap of a morning and a 30 min one in the afternoon and that's it until bedtime . Xxx

I agree that's not much sleep for a baby. Have you tried a dark room? Like bedtime? Tilly sleeps really well for her lunchtime nap in the crib as I make it like bedtime for her

Unless I go out in the car Ella will not sleep in the day! Between 8am and 8pm I'm lucky if she sleeps for 2 hours max!

My LO is starting to drop this nap too. He's going down slightly better at bed time right enough, so I suppose its not too bad. I think it depends if he's jumping about all day he'll need a nap if not he wont

xxxxxxxx

Hope he doesn't drop it hun, unless of course he's going to sleep more over night :hug: xxxxxxxxx

How are you getting him off for his naps? 4 hours in the afternoon until bed seems a long time to go without a nap at his age?! X

Usually I'd feed him off but over the last week or so he's naturally started self setting. Yesterday he SS 2 out of his 3 naps. I tried to feed him down he didn't want it so I left him until about 4 (if he sleeps later than that I'd never get him off at night) and hot him up.

I agree that's not much sleep for a baby. Have you tried a dark room? Like bedtime? Tilly sleeps really well for her lunchtime nap in the crib as I make it like bedtime for her

I have black out blinds in the bedroom so no issue with that.

Tbh he did really well last night until midnight ish and let me settle him and slept 2hr 15 and 2 hr but after that it was 1hr plus. Really hope he has his naps today he got up normal time (yay!) just did a poo at 5 then went back to sleep until 6

Maybe he is getting ready to sleep more over night, the self settling is good, it means they are ready to just sleep rather than sleeping just to digest doesn't it?

Harrison sleeps about 5 hours in total during the day and he wakes up at 5 and goes to bed at 8ish so that doesnt sound too bad but just a different break up of naps. I try to put him down roughly every 2 hours when he gets a bit grumpy!! I spoke to the nurse when he had his jabs and she said that is the right amount of sleep for his age so that is prob about right for tylers age. As someone else said I bet he is getting ready to sleep longer at night!!
xxx

every day is different for hannah....some days she will nap really well and other days she just will not and i have to resort to taking her out in her pram to get her off. she is just a monkey!!

she seems fine going down in the morning...some days she will do 2 hour naps and other days just 30 min cat naps....but she does sleep well at nights so she does get good amount of sleep in 24 hours.

my general rule is once she wakes up, i always try and get her back down for a nap no later than 2 hours since she last woke..

she is terrible to get down to nap anytime after 3pm......its just a fight. so this is when i normally go for a walk with her xx

Last edited:
Naps are quite hit and miss for us too. Morning isn't too bad - although they are rarely longer than 45 mins - more often than not about 30 mins. But the afternoon is a struggle. I often resort to going out in the car / pram to get her to sleep, or feed her and let her sleep on my lap when I'm feeling really tired myself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back