Advice please. Baby tired at 5pm

Spuggy

Reaction score
My 3month boy doesn't sleep much in the day he gets more and more grizzly as the day goes on. I have to force him to take a nap and the only way to do it is to give him a bottle or taking him out in the pram. Either way he will only do 30mins at a time (approx 3/4 a day). His last nap usually finishes around 4ish but from then until I try and put him to bed he is really grizzzly and acts tired. I then find myself trying to keep him up until after 6 before I start to wind him down and put him to bed at 630/7ish). But he seems tired before that and I think why do I bother keeping him up? He is miserable and I am clock watching.

5 is too early. What am I doing wrong?

FYI
Wakes quite a bit in the night (light sleeper).
Bed 6.30ish up 6.30ish
Nap 9ish
Nap 11.30ish
Nap 3ish (approx 1hour)
Bottle fed.

Last edited:
I'm sure my boys lazy, he naps every 1.5hours - 2 hours during the day, your's is going longer!
Charley has a bottle at 4.30 then naps 5-5.30 before his tea then bedtime at 7pm. I know it's close to bedtime but do you think he might want an extra nap about 5ish? I always think charley won't go to bed when he sometime naps at 6 but as soon as he's in his cot at 7 he's straight to sleep!

I was going to say the same thing, Cahal is always knackered by 5 so I let him have a quick nap - providing he has his bath and dinner by 6:30 he's always still fast asleep in bed by 7

my lo just naps when she wants usually after 4 o clock she is asleep all the time until she has her bath at 8 then goes to bed but she is a bit younger x

I would give him a nap Hun, I know it's close to bedtime but it sounds like he needs it. My boy goes to bed at 9pm but he always has a nap 6/7pm otherwise he's really grumpy. He still goes to bed and nods off lovely.

Chaz- Drake loves his sleep too! Seems like the more sleep he has in the day the better he sleeps in the night! He can't go no longer than 2 hours either lol

Thanks for your advice.

So I took him out in the pram to make him nap at 5pm. He went off quickly and woke 30mins later. However, he was a real missery (nothing more than usual). I suppose it worked better because it gave me an extra 30mins break. I bathed and put him in bed at 7pm so I will let you know if it made a difference. I will try and perserver with the 5pm nap and he may like it.

Really appreciate the advice.

xxxxxxxx

Would he sleep longer in your arms? I find Drake sleeps forever in my arms..good if you want a nap too! Sounds like he's grumpy as he's not getting enough sleep. My boy has short naps but twice a day he has an hour to 2 hours. If your baby won't sleep for longer then maybe he needs to be more frequent in his 30 minute naps. I'd also recommend a swing, it's a godsend!!! I've got mine in the bathroom, i wait till an hour and a half after his feed, take him upstairs pop in his swing at a certain speed and have a bath etc while he sleeps.

Have gone on a bit sorry! Really hope he gets better with his sleep hun, must be so tiring!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back