Why do babies fight sleep!!

michelle82

Reaction score
Matthew is always fighting his sleepiness in the day! Yesterday though I put him down for a nap and after a bit of whinging he went to sleep for an hour so today I have done the same thing he's had a bottle and I've put him down but he's fighting it more today which is fine I am not going to give in! and will run up and down the stairs 20 times if thats what it takes I know he's tired but he'll fight it if he can! I want him to start getting used to having a nap at some point in the day without it being on my shoulder! And why when you just get them off does the phone bloody ring and its always someone trying to flog you something!!

Charlie is exactly the same, he will fall asleep feeding on me and then as soon as I go to put him down he'll wake up crying, I'll leave him and he will cry harder and harder to the point where he is so red in the face and so upset that I can't leave him anymore!

I really want to get him used to having daytime naps too but the only time he'll sleep is in his carseat and that's not good for his back if he's in it for too long, I want him to be stretched out!

Why do they fight it when it's so obvious they are so so tired, it's hard work!

x

I'm struggling with this too! She will sleep for hours in her pram or in my arms but as soon as I move her she wakes up crying. It drives me mad. Some days she will only have like an hour all day and get really over tired. As soon as I put her in her cot fot the night she goes straight off with no problems. Weird

Have you tried making the room dark through the day so she may think it's night time?

I have a blackout blind up but it doesnt seem to make a difference if he wants to give in he will if he doesnt theres nothing I can do he managed 15mins today before waking himself up! I think he gets annoyed at himself for waking up ! But at night he sleeps like an angel, he knows his routine and goes off fine. Guess it will just take time and patience on my part but I will not give in! He found his nighttime routine after a couple of days so hoping this will be the same

How come all the books say 'babies will sleep when they're tired' ???? None of mine have :?

Funny I should come accross this today as Rubie normally naps really well, she will have at least 4 hours in the morning and maybe another nap in the afternoon. However, today she hasn't had a nap at all and has been crying with tiredness for over 5 hours now. I've just put her in her car seat to trick her into thinking we're going out as she always sleeps when we're out!! Hope it works! :?

Kai just doesn't sleep much at all, he is always fights it but can't fight it when he is put in his car seat luckily so going out he is normally sleeping but if we are out for over 4 hours he will wake up.

He has no pattern at all with his sleeping and we really want to get some routine going but have no idea how to. This is the only thing he is difficult with otherwise he is a great baby.

Jack used to sleep for hours during the day and go off no problem but now he is just napping.

He goes down straight away at night after a bath and feed (apart from tonight!!! .....immunisations! :cry: )

Anyway, I found that when he is fighting sleep either putting him in the pram and rocking it, or going for a walk sends him off or I hold him in my arms with his dummy and rock him from side to side whilst slighltly bouncing! It also gives me chance to get my half squats in for those tummy muscles!!! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back