Uncomfortable driving

Jimmer

Reaction score
Morning all!
Hope you and your LOs are all happy and well.

I have a question I hope you can help me out with. My wife is finding it really uncomfortable driving at the moment - she says it feels like Jnr is squashed up and cant move. She has to drive to work, and I would love to be able to help to make it a bit more comfortable.
Do any of you have any tips/advice that you have found work for you to make it a bit more bearable.

Thanks again
Jimmer

the only thing ive been able to do to make it more comfy is move the back rest.... in most cars so im sat near enough bolt upright & that seems to take the pressure off everything (im still driving now). I find its when i slouch that everything feels squashed & hurts.

i find our 4x4 much more comfortable than the Audi and i think its because im sat up more off the ground so it may be worth sitting on a cushion to make her a little higher that way she wont be so folded in half if you get me :D

I quit driving totally at 36 weeks as I couldn't lean forward at all to change gear anymore as she was hurting my ribs and it wasn't safe for myself, baby or other road users. From about 32 weeks I wouldn't drive around the town anymore as it was busy traffic so I stuck to easy driving around the country or bypass. From 27 weeks I did very little driving due to SPD anyway. If she's finding it difficult it's probably not wise to drive to much. It was horrible losing my independance but it wasn't for long. TBH it won't get any better :( .

How long has she got left until mat leave?

Thanks - unfortunately she still has 6 weeks to go, and has no other way to get to work other than driving.
Will try the cushion thing - problem is that she has a small car, and there is not as much room for manoevure!
Thanks - will try various things to see if anything helps.

Jimmer

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back