drinking like a fish?

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by mummy2b19, Jul 6, 2013.

1. mummy2b19

mummy2b19 Well-Known Member

ive never drunk enough water but last night i drank 2 liters from 9pm until 9am normal i would have a mouthful of juice on the way to bed or a cup of tea. im just constantly thirsty is this normal dont remember it last time? xx

2. tilly16

tilly16 Well-Known Member

I have been like this the whole way through!! its horrible I am never not thirsty also means I have to get up 10000000000000 (that may be an exaggeration) times a night to wee iv found ice lollies help xx

3. k8_005

k8_005 Well-Known Member

Quite normal for pregnancy and also this heat too it's good to keep hydrated. Xx

4. mummy2b19

im sick of getting up to pee lol it takes me forever to get back to sleep aswell xx

5. Ignis

Ignis Well-Known Member

Yes, it is perfectly normal - not just you, also your baby is thirsty too :)

6. Kelly450

Kelly450 Well-Known Member

Ive always drank a lot. In one day I would drink tea in morning, a few glasses of ribena, coke, fruit juice, milk. On a 15 minute break at work id always finish a whole bottle of lucozade or ribena. Ive always been a thirsty person. However, now is ridiculous! I always want a drink! I drank a whole carton of tropical juice in about 5 minutes on wednesday! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

7. mummy2b19

glad its not just me its just anoying that i am always thirsty and cant go anywhere unless i know there is a toilet near by x

8. .Ruth.

.Ruth. Well-Known Member

I'm really bad for this... and then I drink far too much and make myself sick...

Then straight away I feel the need to down a pint of water again!

It's worse in this heat too :( xx

9. umbongo

umbongo Well-Known Member

I've always drunk a lot of water so I drink gallons now!!! Esp in this weather! Don't even pee that much at night so must really need it.

10. Allinaday

Allinaday Well-Known Member

It's normal to be thirsty, but adding things to your drinking routine can make you retain some of the that water better. Coconut water, cucumbers, and watermelon are very hydrating. Sometimes water can go right through you and strip nutrients, but adding natural electrolytes and potassium can help to hydrate and retain all of the benefits. Don't stop drinking water, just ad these things in and will help a lot.

11. mummy2b19

Don get me started on bloody cucumber I ate a whole one just sat on the sofa and ate the whole bloody thing lol xx