• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Drinking caffeine...

kabey

Reaction score
I know it's safe (within limits) but does it have any effect on your unborn baby?

I haven't had caffeine for a while, but last night and this morning I've had loads of Pepsi to drink. Normally I don't feel my baby move until the evening but I can feel movements now...

Has the caffeine woken her up?! Or is it just because I'm getting further along so obviously she's getting bigger?

xx

the caffienes probably woken her up, i wouldnt worry, when i went to see midwife cos baby wasnt moving they asked what id tried to get her to move and when i said sugar and caffiene she agreed its a good way to get them to move.

I only dont drink it as i know when i came off it i had really bad headaches, and i had to start drinking half caff and then getting myslef off it totally. I know babies can be addicted to drugs etc when born and i didnt want to risk her coming out adicted to caffiene like i was.

One night of drinking pepsi wont hurt

Hiya,

As far as I know relative to coffee and tea coke/pepsi doesn't have as much caffeine in it. I only drink de-caf tea and coffee but do treat myself to a large glass of coca cola every now and then!

TTFN X

according to one of my brochures i got in my Bounty pack you can have 700 mg of caffine a day ok. I think a can of coke has 150 mg, so well below the maximum recommended (if you got the bounty pack it is the Hipp organic foods brochure).

I had two mouthfuls of coke last month, it was the best tasting coke i have ever had. And it was diet and normally i can't stand that!

Sandi

sugar, coldness, and caffeine can wake baby up but don't worry! that doesn't matter!
I mean i wouldn't recommend drinking Pepsi non-stop all day but there's no harm in a little.
I know we're supposed to watch our caffeine intake but i'm a tea addict so i find that hard (i don't like decaf) so i do allow myself to still drink it.

I LOVE ice so my poor little bubba is constantly moving due to that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back