Dribble rash on chin and around mouth

angelfairy

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

My baby girl has developed a nasty rash around her mouth. I'm guessing its from the constant dribbling and sucking her hand all the time. It looks really sore and I want to put something on it, just not sure what to use?????

Can any of you recomend something?

Thanks xxx

I havn't experienced this yet but a frind of mine has and she swears by avent magic cream.

I think I would be tempted to just try and keep it clean ( wash with water every few hours) and not to put anything on it unless it looks sore - then I would use aqueous cream.
Sorry that probably doesn't help at all,

Thanks hon. Is Avent Magic Cream available at places like boots?

Will see if I can get my hands on it.

xxx

Ive been using that for Olivia shes been dribbling like mad :lol: its good stuff, ive also been putting sudo crem under her chin in the fold in her neck :lol: thats also working as a barrier cream :D

I was told by H/V to use vaseline as it acts like a waterproof barrier.

I've made an appt with the doctor this morning as it looks worse so hopefully he'll tell me it isn't eczema. Even worse my bubba has got her last set of jabs after the appointment, I'm feeling sick at the thought of the nurse stabbing her three times :cry:

Will let you know what happens

Xxx

Good luck, Jake had his last 3 the other day. It is so horrible but it is over quickly and then they havn't got anymore until 1 year old.

Her jabs were horrible, she let out the most awful scream ever and then sobbed for ages. I couldn't stop crying either :cry:

Thank god for booby juice eh, she chomped away and feel asleep on me.

The doctor reckons the rash on her chin may be slightly fungal so has prescribed canesten to be applied twice a day and to use aquaeous cream at all other times.

I do hope it clears up soon.

Thanks girls :hug:

She is now sleeping after having her first full feed of the day. Hope she doesn't remember the pain when she wakes up tomorrow morning.

My son dribbled for about two years, constantly had a bib on, eww. I used Vaseline for the soreness, worked perfect.

My LO had a nasty rash exactly the same, i use sudocreme and it works a treat. It does dry the rash out a little so i just put vaseline on the dry areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back