Dresses for shorter people?

Momma`Kat

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could get a nice, feminine summer dress, that wont make me look frumpy?!

Im on the shorter side, and have always been thick set (Rugby Player, And Horse Rider, Lots of muscles in unfeminine places) so with baby bump my usually dresses just make me look really short and fat! Ive pawned my two usual ones off to a friend cause they just look awful on me now.

I think something a little skimpier might work better but im no clothes expert, Thoughts? Ideas?

(Having the same problem with skirts because i dont like having a waistband on baby bump atall, And if i put it over baby bump the skirt sits wrong on the rest of me, and under bump it just looks strange..)

Hi,

I'm 5ft 6 but am also a horse rider so i know exactly what you mean about the muscles!! have you looked at mothercare or the blooming marvellous website? (they both have a sale at the mo!!)

I got a great maxi dress the other day, it would've been short on normal people but fine on me! And it just had ruching(sp?) over the bust but then flowed out over the bump which is lovely. Was from a local shop so doesn't help you much, but it's a great design so I'm sure you could find one similar :)

Maybe try this kind of thing?
http://direct.asda.com/george/women...y-tie-dye-maxi-dress/GEM43970,default,pd.html

It has a tie under the bust to make sure people can tell between boobs and bump,
and maxi dresses look great on all sorts of figures!

Also, try here:

http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webap...045&parent_category_rn=111560&langId=-1&top=Y

Dotty P's has a great maternity range, and I think they also have a specific "petite" range for those of us who are "vertically challenged"

Also, I think tunic tops with leggings are a great alternative to dresses - I don't wear dresses usually, you see, and leggings are sooooo comfy :)

Last edited:
That tie dye one is really nice, Though I have to succumb to peer pressure and say its too old for me! im only 18 and most of my friends are the younger generation, i dont want to be the pregnant AND old looking one LOL

Awesome! You can go instead of me >.< I cant stand it. lol

Lol I could shop all day but my bank balance definitely wouldn't keep up with me!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back