Dreading Friday & tough decision :(

Just remembered I have a carton of cow and gate in his wardrobe I got whilst pg. will start with that if I have to.

Don't really wanna pump for a couple of reasons. Mainly because it's so time consuming and I can't stand it. Feel like a cow being milked! & I only seem to get 3oz in a 40 min session (20 on each boob) and 3oz isn't gonna do a lot for him.

Bb - how do u warm the milk in the mam bottles? I did it yesterday with ebm and thought i heard some of the water go into the bottle through the valve being submerged?

I use sma just coz it is what they gave us in hospital and he got on ok with it, I bought a box of the filled pre steralized bottles to start with, they are expensive but while your still getting your head round the idea they are worth it!! I now use the cartons coz they are so much easier and with the amount that harrison guzzles it makes £5 difference a week (you can bulk buy on boots website)
xxx

Hope you get on ok hun. Fx for you.

I use aptamil but think they're probably all very similar! I never heard the as good as breast milk thing though. Think they say closest to or next best thing just advertising :roll: but all my boxes say bf is recommended first of. Think they all have to.

Xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We use SMA gold, Joe doesn't like the cartons for some reason, prefers the powder. He's quite particular about temperature too!

Good luck on friday - do whatever you think is best for Henry xx

We use the cartons as the powder goes too thick with his gaviscon in plus he prefers them too

xxx

After bf I went onto SMA Gold first infant milk (breast milk substitute). Max has always got on fine with it. I started off with the cartons then when I got my head round it all I then moved onto powder- that confused the hell out of me lol but obvs now I have a good easy routine with it.

Good luck hunni don't feel bad about anything you decide, combi feeding does sound like a good idea if you can do it :) but if not then don't stress about just ff you've done amazingly well xxxxxx

I think combi would work cos he would still be getting mummy milk & alternate with formula for the extra calories etc. will speak to hv about it at clinic if need be x

Just don't beat yourself up about what ever decision you make. You're doing a great job and will continue to do so whichever way you feed. X

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

Hi Larly, I'm not sure how much Henry has been gaining but just thought I woukd share my experience with K. She is also a slow gainer. At 17 weeks she is less than 11 lbs. Since about 8 weeks nurses and dos insisted she was too skinny and that she needed formula, but she refuses bottles. Then they insisted that I needed to feed her every two hours, so I did. In the end they all decided she is happy and. Healthy, and is just naturally a thin girl. If Henry is doing well with everything else and doesn't actually seem overly skinny (k is skinny but doesn't look unhealthy and does have teeny rolls), then don't rush to stop bfing. Some babies just don't gain very much. If he does need formula, don't feel bad. You have done a great job with bf! If I ever have to switch to formula, I would continue bf for the ladt feed of the night at least, just for the snuggles :). I know how difficult bf issues are though :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back