Turns out i'm a rubbish mummy :(

Ah chicky, I hate that you felt this way! You're a fab mummy :hug: X

PS - how do we know when they're to move on to next teat? I'd have no idea.

xxx

I tried the next teat and he ended up with more milk over himself than in his mouth as it came out too fast so Sticking with number 1 teat lol

Oh Sarah please don't think that you aren't a bad mummy both you and he have to learn as you go along it's harder when your a first time mum but still hard the second time round lol no baby is born with a self help book at least you know the problem now and have resolved it xxx

Ah chicky, I hate that you felt this way! You're a fab mummy :hug: X

PS - how do we know when they're to move on to next teat? I'd have no idea.

xxx

I moved phoebe up a teat size when I noticed it was taking her up to two hours to finish a feed :shock: x

Pos please don't feel like a bad mummy, it took me a few days to realise too. He's still gained weight. The fact that you care so much just shows what a fabulous mummy you are :hugs: xx

That sounds just like Jax, I wonder if we need to go up a size :confused:

You are not a bad mummy at all. I will be trying size 2 tonight!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Oh pos,dont feel like that! I struggled in the beginning as we all do but i am sure he will be fine.
We are still on size 2 but i mix feed

We put jack up a teat size at Will's age because he was only taking 3oz every 2hrs. Turns out it wasn't the teats he just doesn't take alot of oz's in one go. He only manages 5oz now and he's 7mths old!!

Just a word of advice ... any time he's weighed and if he doesn't put much on please don't worry becuase Jack has only gained around 9oz since Novemeber!! He has 20oz of milk a day plus brekkie, lunch & pud and dinner & pud. He's just a slim bubba! It caused me alot of stress a while ago but now i've accepted he's a skinny mini! :) x

Awww I hate those weigh ins! Caleb's weight gain slowed down at the last weigh in and they put him on 2 week review because they were worried... I cried for the rest of the day... Then I went away for 3 weeks so I didn't take him. Now he's due to go in on Tuesday and OH will be at work. I'm taking my mum with me in case they try and should at me! He's having a major growth spurt and is having 7oz 7/8 times a day so hopefully he'll have gained lots of weight by then!

It's horrible isn't it. I think the HVs don't help either... One of mine told me that Caleb had the jitters when he was 2 weeks old because he wasn't feeding properly when it was the moro reflex when they throw their arms out!!! xx

We put jack up a teat size at Will's age because he was only taking 3oz every 2hrs. Turns out it wasn't the teats he just doesn't take alot of oz's in one go. He only manages 5oz now and he's 7mths old!!

Just a word of advice ... any time he's weighed and if he doesn't put much on please don't worry becuase Jack has only gained around 9oz since Novemeber!! He has 20oz of milk a day plus brekkie, lunch & pud and dinner & pud. He's just a slim bubba! It caused me alot of stress a while ago but now i've accepted he's a skinny mini! :) x

I think Caleb is a skinny minny too, he's so tall for his age but his little arms, legs and body are so tiny! xx

Aww hunni we've all been there!! It is a learning curve completely, if its any consolation I bought alfie some shoes from clarks when he started walking, then after a few weeks he started walking funny. HV told me to go get his feet measured which I thought was absurd as it had only been a few weeks!! Turns out his shoes were a whole size too small :-( I was devastated :-( but we learn!! That's our job :) Will HAS been gaining, he IS happy and there has been no damage done to him so try not to be so hard on yourself :) xxxx

hun ur doing a great job with him your a great mum dont get worked up i know how u feel xx keep ur chin up

I did exactly the same thing hunny don't worry about it it doesn't mean your a bad mum atall, after all babies can't talk can they! Us new mothers aren't going to know anything parenthood is a big learning curve

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

It's not easy to get it all right all the time. We r all learning honey, don't be so hard on yourself. Bet I would have done the same xxxx

I think Caleb is a skinny minny too, he's so tall for his age but his little arms, legs and body are so tiny! xx

Thats the thing, Jack's not that tall either! He literally has no fat rolls on his body! He eats food like a little piggy though, it's just the milk he's never been interested in x

:hug: we all have to learn babe ur a fab mum coz you cared enough to find out the problem which you did! I'm learning things now and this is my third!! Lol! Don't beat urself up babe :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back