Dreading bedtime

*Star*

Reaction score
Because I just don't sleep. By the time it gets to bedtime I'm knakered, but I just can't drift off. And when i eventually do, I keep waking up because I need a drink, or I need the loo or I have heartburn. I'm tossing and turning all night and just can't get comfy.

When i get chance to have a nap during the day, I sleep better then than i do at night.

And then, when the kids wake in the morning I'm still so tired I'm really grumpy :(

Oh gosh Im the same! Not been as bad the last few nights actually but for weeks I have just dreaded bedtime! Its horrid isnt it!? :hug: :hug:

God I know, I got to sleep around 4 am, woke at 8am and now am like :wall:

I didnt know it possible to wee so much!! :eek:

And I wish I had a shut off switch for my head...so I stop worrying about the small stuff :roll:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

ninjawomble said:
And I wish I had a shut off switch for my head...so I stop worrying about the small stuff :roll:

Thats what my problem is!! I cant shut off my head!!! I lie there thinking about all sorts of stuff! Making lists etc!? Crazy!

lea m said:
ninjawomble said:

Thats what my problem is!! I cant shut off my head!!! I lie there thinking about all sorts of stuff! Making lists etc!? Crazy!

Exactly!!! I was having random labour thoughts last night...and Im flaming weeks off yet :shock:

:rotfl:
I do that!! I was even going through the "if I started with contractions in the night....." "but if i satrted them in the day....." and going through everything! haha

Oh god im the same and have weeks left! Im tossing and turning all night long and my mind is going overtime at night with what i still need to get! I think i need to do my relaxation CD!

Claire x

I am the same but my bedtime problems are different.... apparently I have started snoring :oops: Its keeping my OH awake and actually its so bad that I am waking myself up LOL But joking aside it is starting to cause problems, I have been sleeping in my kids beds and on the sofa, but I know that I shouldnt really be doing that. I have got a bit of a respite this next few days because my Hubby is working nights and I have the bed to myself, but its on the nights that he is home that we are struggling with. What happens is that I wake up or he nudges me, then I feel bad about waking him up and I cant get back to sleep, so I end up just lying there wide awake. It was ok in the school hols cos the kids were sleeping out and stuff but now they back at school we have nowhere to go.

Suppose its just practice for what is coming in a few weeks :D :wall: :bored: :rotfl:

Tracey xx

I haven't had a decent nights sleep in about 2weeks now either :(
SPD, needing the loo and little one shuffling around (probably on top of one of my organs :roll: ) makin me feel sick all keep waking me up and or maske it hard to drift off :shakehead:

Awww I know how you feel, I keep waking up in the night for a wee or for no reason whatsoever, and I can't get back to sleep. Not good as I'm still in work and have another 5 weeks to go til I'm finished!! The heartburn is bad at the mo, even in the daytime too...aaarrghggh

Tell you what I keep doing too, which is a real kick in the foof (besides the child in my belly)..
I go to bed exhausted, fall straight asleep, then wake up oooo FIVE minutes later, WIDE AWAKE :wall:

What the flap is that about?! :|

Maybe bubba thinks "mum you've had enough sleep now and Im bored" and whallops me in some random organ to wake me up!

oh now, im glad in a way that im not the only one going through it, but sorry your all suffering too.

Found this relaxation technique for bed time..just a suggestion :think:

Mental Relaxation Techniques

Once you have mastered the technique of muscle relaxation you can try relaxing your mind in this way:

1. Try clearing your mind of any stressful thoughts, anxiety or worry by breathing in and out slowly and regularly and concentrating all your attention on your breathing actions, even saying to yourself very slowly " breathe in, hold, breathe out".

2. Let pleasant thoughts flow through your head and freely associate.

3. In any worrying thought recurs, prevent it from doing so by saying "no" under your breath or return to concentrating on deep breathing.

4. With your eyes closed, imagine a tranquil scene such as a clear, blue sky or calm, blue sea. Try to visualise something pleasant and blue because this has been found to be a particularly relaxing colour.

5. Think fairly hard about your breathing and become aware of it. Feel how it is slow and natural. Concentrate on each breath as you inhale and exhale. Listen to your breathing.

6. You should be feeling calm and restful by now - it might be helpful to repeat a soothing word or mantra such as love, peace or calm, or you may prefer a word with less symbolism such as breath, earth or laugh. Think of a word or even a calming sound like "aaah" while you are breathing out.

7. Remind yourself to keep the muscles of your face, eyes and forehead relaxed and tell your forehead to feel cool.

It might help you to settle into your relaxation method if you adopt a starting routine. For example, if you repeat a mantra or drop your shoulders this can be the signal to the rest of your body to begin.

Whenever you practice a relaxation method, make sure that you are breathing deeply, in the most controlled way.

:wall: I can safely say the above is billix :roll:

As you can tell by the fact Im still awake :roll:

Dont think neighbours would be too impressed if I started hoovering now :think: Will go find summin else to do!!

:( hope you got to sleep eventually.

i had a fairly decent night (by recent comparisons anyway!!)

I'm the same :roll: but im still having to get up at 6.55am to go to work :(

I cant sleep, am tossing and turning ALL night, im too hot, needing the toilet, needing a drink, getting cramp, getting pains, not getting comfy, you name it, everything happens to me throughout the night!!

im sick of it now because im turning into a right snappy person and i hate it :( i just want sleep!!!!

:hug:

I feel knackered too. Really tired but just can't sleep due to this awful pregnancy rash I have all over my tummy :(
Just a couple of hours of sleep would be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back