Downs results and general stuff

mablestarr

Reaction score
So had an amnio on thursday as baby is not growing and consultant was keen to rule out any chromosonal defects, on friday has most of the results back which were fine, but due to a problem in the lab the downs results were not available until today. About 3pm today my consultant calls me to say that he still cannot get a result for the downs test aparantly the lab results are inconclusive even though it looks like baby's not got downs he is unable to confirm either way so now have to wait for the full chromosonal results which will take another couple of weeks. Just wish we knew one way or another.

Also went in this morning to an appointment which was scheduled for me on Friday - i thought I'd see my consultant and have a scan to check blood flow to baby, but no when I got there they just did blood tests, checked babys heartbeat and took my pressure several times, then was told all was good and they'd see me on thursday for my next appointment. I double checked with them that i though i needed to see the consultant for a scan and they said no will do all that on thursday. then when the consultant was on the phone going over the amnio results with me he said see you tomorrow for the scan then!!! So obviously someone somewhere has got confused and booked an appointment on the wrong day for the wrong thing :confused:

I could feel my blood pressure rising as I was talking to him, anyway he is happy that my pressure was a bit lower today and said he'd make sure he'd find me on Thursday to do the scan. Good news is that I'm at home and ok but needed to get all that off my chest. xxx

Ah sorry you have had a bad day....sure it will all be alright come tomorrow/Thursday.

Keep us posted!xxx

Hey! God what a day, I hope everything is ok, I'm sure it will be. Just gotta be positive! :hugs:

Hope you get your downs results soon Mable - I know what the two week wait is like, and we had our downs ones after 2 days - fingers crossed for you XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back