Double tummy tuck scar probs?

Lulula

Reaction score
I put on a massive amount of weight and lost it again after my first son and had a tummy tuck 15 years ago. Then had my second son 6 years ago, decided we'd completed our family and I had second tummy tuck and breast uplift.

Anyway, several years and one divorce later and now coming up 29 weeks pregnant with my boyfriend and starting to notice my tummy scar, which runs from hip to hip at bikini line level, is very tight and noticeably pulling in hard below my bump and the scar tissue looks very thin and strained.

Just wondering if anyone with tummy tuck or c section scar has found the scarring to be a problem in late pregnancy or will it just keep stretching? I have consultant tomorrow so will mention it then but just curious to find out from ladies who have experienced the same.

I'm guessing a tummy tuck scar is under more strain as it is longer than a c section scar and also as I have had 2 then the scar tissue is prob thicker and less flexible?

Scar tissue isnt anuwhere near as strong as undamaged skin, even if its a thick appearing scar.
Your body is amazing and can really stretch limits you never expect it too, but I would certainly get professional advice if its concerning you x

My friend had a tummy tuck ANSI couldn't believe how big the scar is! It's certainly going to be under more strain that a c section scar. Definitely get advice x

I was told by my gastroenterologist that scar tissue is actually much stronger than normal tissue. I have a vertical scar & am 21 weeks with my first little boy. I have a noticeable bump now but no scar stretching at all. I guess though due to the positioning of yours it could be an issue. I would contact your cosmetic surgeon, they are best placed to give advice on this type of situation. I had a breast augmentation recently & I actually think I was a few days pregnant when I had the op but it wasn't picked up on a test. My breasts have changed but any concerns I just go back to my surgeon & he is always happy to advise. Good luck x

Thanks all. I spoke to the nurse at my surgeons clinic today and she just advised to keep putting bio oil on and that scar should hold fine. Will mention it to consultant tomorrow. Guessing I'm not going to unravel in the middle of tesco, but want to make sure I'm putting the right stuff on it to help it stretch with the normal tissue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back