Tummy tuck on the nhs?

lozzi

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this is possible??

After my c section my midwife commented on the lumps that i had above my c sec scar. She said that they should go in time but if they didnt speak to my doc.

Well they havent gone, In fact they look a hell of a lot worse :(

I have been losing some weight, but up to now the skin isnt regaining its former state. Its hanging and dimply (sorry tmi). The more wegiht im losing the worse these lumps look and the bigger there appearing. I think they might have been camoflaged as being less severe by a layer of fat...

Has anyone previously had a tummy tuck on the nhs?

Is that what they would do to remove the lumps?

Does anyone else have lumps near there c section scar??

There is 4 golf ball sized lumps now.

its really gettin me down :( im losing weight and im back in my pre preg clothes more a less, but i have this big "bulge" were the lumps are, its looks terrible :(

thanks in advance ladies x

I work in operating theatres we do this procedure alot we call it revision of C section scar they cut away the dodgey bits and sew you back up it a little like a tummy tuck but they dont remove lots of fat hope this helps

Rachx said:
I work in operating theatres we do this procedure alot we call it revision of C section scar they cut away the dodgey bits and sew you back up it a little like a tummy tuck but they dont remove lots of fat hope this helps
its not the fat, im gonna lose all my weight before i go for it... its teh lumps, and also the excess skin, its all dimply :(

so i should stand a chanec of having it fixed then?

Is it a quick procedure?

do they look better afterwards?

thanks hun youve put a smile back on ym face :D

:O
i dunno about lumps?
i dnt have any but i did have a flap like u've talked about b4 but thats going more in and in as im losing more
weight
i'd just see what happens when u get 2 ur ideal weight

Becksss said:
:O
i dunno about lumps?
i dnt have any but i did have a flap like u've talked about b4 but thats going more in and in as im losing more
weight
i'd just see what happens when u get 2 ur ideal weight

its horrible becks :(

When ive lost my weight, i'l post a piccy (so long as im going for surgery ;) haha ) So you can see what i mean.

You know if i lie on the floor when ur thin ur stomach goes in doenst it, my stomach goes in a fair bit but then ive got a series of lumps near the scar... its terrible :(

you can get it done on the nhs but
there is a huge weighting list and you have to prove its giving you true upset like making you depressed make sure you see your doctor see if you can get on the list and get some anti-d's even if you dont take them it will be on file how unhappy you are
good luck losing the rest of your weight
manda xx

I'm not sure about the waiting time but we do loads of them and some dnt look that bad it's usually the lumps that look worse so i know where your coming from yeah they look excellent when they've been done i'm sure you could have a word with some one??

Rachx said:
I'm not sure about the waiting time but we do loads of them and some dnt look that bad it's usually the lumps that look worse so i know where your coming from yeah they look excellent when they've been done i'm sure you could have a word with some one??

do they remove the excess skin as well? or do they just leave that?

will they do this even tho i many many years i will probably want kids?

thanks.

I think they wait til you have decided you dnt want no more kids and yes they remove the skin they genrally tidy it up whatever needs doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back