Dopplers

jenjen

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a doppler so I can listen to beany's heartbeat. I was wondering who has one, what type do you have and how effective they are? Are the cheap ones as good as the more expensive ones, or would I be better off spending a bit extra?

Angelsounds are one of the cheaper ones and usually give decent results from about 14 weeks onwards. I think you can pick them up for about £20-30.

I got Hi BeBe one for about £60 and find it great. Just depends how much you want to spend on one.

Just don't let it worry you if you can't find the heartbeat the first few times or even if you find it one day and then not the next. Baby is still so small it can be hard to find. Lots of women panic if they can't find it and spend ages looking etc. Defeats the reassurance purpose of having one :roll:

I went with having 5 minutes a few times a week for find heartbeat, usually at bedtime and if no joy I would leave it rather than keep looking. And then once I found it I'd only listen for a short while (you may well find as baby grows they tend to kick out against it and move away from it so its a quick find, listen and off). I reckon my LO doesn't like it therefore so keep it short.

Mind you, once you feel regular movement you won't really need to rely a Doppler at all. Since I had regular movement I've used it maybe 3 times since.

i've got angelsounds.. found HB at 9wks 4days, think i'm just extra lucky tho,

It amazing, the difference between your HB and theres, when you find it you'll jus know, i posted a topic of my bubs HB xx

I've got an anglesounds one from ebay and i've still not managed to find mine yet :(

I keep trying every few days or so

Aww Chrissy, I'm sure you'll find it sure enough hun :hug: Just keep trying and try not to worry about it. I'm gonna go and buy one on ebay now. Thanks for the advice ladies :D

Hi, ive got a Hi BeBe Doppler with an LCD display (comes up with LO's heart rate) i found the heartbeat at around 13weeks after a few tries, now i can find it everytime usually quite quickly. I paid about £40 for mine off Ebay, i think it was well worth the money for myself though as its a nice reassurance and a lovely way to bond with my baby. x

Girlies.

if you dont find it dont worry atall, your iccle bubs will be fine..

few tips which helped me find mine..

Lye flat, with pillow behind you..
Try to find it when needing a wee hehe..
Go from your belli button down right to you peliv bone, and move around REALLY slowly, using lots of Gel, (i cant find mine atall without gel)
And if all this fails.. get your OH to try find it, (if i cant find mine, my OH ALWAYS finds it first time???)

:rotfl: :rotfl: xxxx

I bought an Angel SOunds from ebay.
Turned out just to be an amplifier not a doppler cant here anything till third trimester so watch what you buy.

I did get a full refund when i gave her bad feedback so i now have a useless heart beat amplifier, but at least it was free.

chickadee1976 said:
I bought an Angel SOunds from ebay.
Turned out just to be an amplifier not a doppler cant here anything till third trimester so watch what you buy.

I did get a full refund when i gave her bad feedback so i now have a useless heart beat amplifier, but at least it was free.

What? Unlucky?? how did you know it wasnt a dpoler? how did you tell?xxx

incase anyone looking to buy one:-

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Retail-Therapy-Products
genuine, and very fast delivery and good price xx

Think mine is just an amplifier thing too Chickadee :doh: Was it this one you got? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-ANGELSOUNDS-D ... dZViewItem
Seems pretty useless as picks up sound of cars going past outside and touching the cable for the headset causes a lot of interference too. Wishing I'd got a gel version now. Oh well, not to worry, may hear something with it one day I guess!

Sarah x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back