doppler help

gypsy

Reaction score
Where should I be placing it. I can only seem to pick up my own heartbeat

TIA

Shell

Its too soon, you'll be very lucky to pick up a heartbeat at 9 weeks. Sorry to rain on your parade but my midwife wouldn't even try and find the heartbeat till I was 14 weeks and even then it was very faint!.

It might soon yet, depends on the doppler you have got.

If you are going to hear it it will be on the lowest part of your stomach, just try around that area with plenty off gel and if you still can't hear it then it's prob too early :)

Thank you both. Always suffered from impatience!!!! :D

i keep picking up both mine and the babies but there didn't seem that much difference, my friend is a midwife and she did it for me and found the babies and told me which is which but there didnt actually seem that much difference in speed to me...
...which is probably why im not a midwife

Yeah it might be way too soon yet at 9 weeks but do keep trying. Just try very, very low down, right on your public bone basically. :)

gangofgin said:
i keep picking up both mine and the babies but there didn't seem that much difference, my friend is a midwife and she did it for me and found the babies and told me which is which but there didnt actually seem that much difference in speed to me...
...which is probably why im not a midwife

Baby's HB should be around twice the speed of yours. If your HB is around 70, baby should be around 140. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back