Doppler Heart Rate???

Reaction score
Used my doppler for the first time today and when I eventualy found a heart beat it certainly wasn't like 'galloping horses' but more like a steady 4/4 music rhythm.

Is this normal as I expected it to be dead fast??

thank you :?

You might have found yours instead. Try moving around until you can get two different paced beats :)

Yes I found my earlier on, but heard the placenta long before the heart beat (A rythmic whooshing sound in time with HB)

It's sometimes may sound like a train chugging along.

Haven't listened to mine in ages as baby moves each day now, but got it out last night and the battery is dead! :(

Try putting it very low down just above the pubic area - I find mine on the right. Its really quite low and not where I was expecting to find it as I am showing quite a lot and thought it would be somewhere nearer my belly button but the doctor found the heart beat straight away very low so when I used my doppler for the first time today I found it easily there too.

I think I have read other people on here have found it fairly low down too.

:wave:

I always find mine just above my pubic bone and that's where the MW found it when I saw her too.

Your own HB should be aroung 70 bpm and the baby's should be about twice as fast at around 140bpm or more.

Yeah mine is very low down too, when i listen to it it sounds like a train chugging but isnt as fast as i expected it to be, although when i listen to my own heartbeat it is faster than that! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back