Doppler arrived!!!

KarolinaMoon

Reaction score
Just got my doppler this morning, and found a strong heart beat straight away!!! Sounds like thundering horses hooves! lol I am so excited!!! Also Relieved, as I wasnt 100% certain I was doing the right thing by getting one!! But it has put my mind at rest, and it is a lovely thing to listen to!! Will have to restrict myself using it though!! xx

Yay! Thats fab!! I bet u will use it like mad for the first few days then u won't bother so much! I put mine away about 3 days ago, prob have a listen once or twice a week but it's there now for when ever you need it, reassurance is priceless!!!

Did u time the heart beat?? Just don't make my mistake and listen to your own heart for the first 2 days!!!!!! :wall2: xx

Oh gosh....how do you know if its your own heart beat your picking up? lol
I picked up what I think is the fetal heart beat just below the belly button! Hope I've got it right!!
I havent timed it yet....must do that! x

Best sound ever....I have finally got the knack of finding the heartbeat straight away after learning where bubs like to lay. Well the MW found bubs on the left (where I use to get cramps) so since then I always go there first and hear it straight away.

xx

What brand did you get? Iv bought angel sounds, should be arriving tomorrow...actually nervous lol xx

With me the heartbeat is just below the belly button to the right side...exactly where I felt the little one was all along, and where I've been feeling most of the twitches!!
Just timed the heart beat and its going at about 160 bpm! So defo know its not my heart beat I'm hearing lol

Mrs V - I got the angel sounds brand too, as I'd heard it was the best one!! I just used cocoa butter oil I have been using to rub into my skin, and it works great! I was very nervous too, but I'm glad I got it now, as it has set my mind at rest and its sooo nice to hear!! Hubby is working today, and cant wait to get home to have a listen!! xx

Aww how lovely, my oh doesn't want me to get one, I'm sure he will change his mind once he's heard it ;-)

Sounds like you got it!!! Mines low on he right, realised I was listening to my own when it was slow and I could find it all over the place!!! Babies is def 130/160!

Midwife said today over 140 it's a boy, under it's a girl....mine was 135, too close the the border line for my liking!!!!!!

I heard the heart beat thing was a myth?? Is there some truth in it then? What I heard was the other way around, the slower it is the more likely a boy lol
It's lovely to hear anyway....I was suprised how low below the belly button I had to go actually!! xx

It's myth! I googled and it said what I wrote above but since read it's the other way!!!
This is what I read from medicinet; One popular myth examined by medical pros involves the link between fetal heart rate and the baby's sex. As the legend goes, a heartbeat above 140 beats per minute means a boy; hearts that beat slower, under 140 beats per minute, belong to girls. However, a study of some 200 pregnant women published in the Journal of Reproductive Medicine in 1996 found no truth at all to the theory -- and other research has echoed this finding.

Ha ha, we won't know until 20 week scan, or if ur like me it won't be until bubs is out!!!x

Last edited:
I'll be finding out next saturday, so I'll beable to tell you if there is any truth in it for me!! lol
Just had a listen to baby when I got in from work this evening, and the wee heart is soooo strong thumping away! Love that sound!! xx

Mine didn't arrive today :-( waited for Mr postman and all he brought was crap...

I hope so...my friend lent me a summer fetal heart monitor...its crap, has really bad reviews.but I still keep trying it despite knowing its rubbish, I cannot wait to hear the sound...so reassuring...I hope! Aw its lovely that you can just listen whenever you like! I'll keep you updated-)

with the angel sounds I pretty much found it straight away, from what I hear it is the best one to get! Fingers crossed yours arrives tomorrow!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back