Heart beat confusion

TeeUK

Reaction score
I used Doppler again today however I am not sure if it is my heart beat or babies I'm hearing. I've tried comparing it to others videos I've heard but I'm still not sure it's as fast as theirs.

It sounds like when you swing a rope or whip in a circle no distant thump just a repetitive whoosh noise....sooooo confused!

Wanted to try and tape it but can't find charger for my camera batteries grrrr

in your womb you will hear your heartbeat on either side of your womb and one in the middle.. the woosh noise is sometimes an echo from your main arterie or your placenta. if u find a heartbeat time them for 15 seconds and count each beat. once you have 15 seconds double it. then double it again. so for instance if you have counted 45 double that number to 90 then double 90 then end result (160) wud be on average the heartbeat per minute. your heartbeat would be more like 90/100 beats per min at most. the babies will be more like 130 plus. xx

good luck

I think it was my heart beat which means I've yet to find babies :(

I have tried and tried and although I am trying to not let it bother me it is...there are no other sounds in my womb area other than my own heart beat which after doubling etc is around 84 beats....which itself seems a little slow :eh:

Our normal resting heart rate (depending on fitness) is usually between 60 and 80 ish. A healthy athlete's can be as low as 35bpm believe it or not!!

84 is fine, it probably just means you were a bit anxious. My heart rate always increases when I start to take my pulse, when I start to think about it! The best time to find your own resting heart rate is first thing in the morning when you wake up, take your pulse for 15 seconds and x4 so you know what to expect when you hear it on the doppler xx

Last edited:
I just put my finger on my neck to take my pulse at the same time as listening that always cleared up any confusion for me :)

I just put my finger on my neck to take my pulse at the same time as listening that always cleared up any confusion for me :)

That's a good idea I'll try it next time x

I should say that I didn't have a full bladder at time...the thought of drinking a pint of water yuk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back