Don't short people have babies??

dpsrm

Reaction score
I'm 5ft nothing and I'm looking for a pair of maternity trousers to wear for work and all the ones I've seen in catalogues have an inside leg of 30inches! In order for them to fit me I would need to cut at least 5 inches off the bottom! :x

Do any of you ladies happen to know where I can get petite maternity clothes from? :)

Hi dpsrm,

I'm 5'3" and have found this tough too - in fact I've recently found a lady in my village who I am going to ask to take up lots of my trousers now it's getting to flip-flop weather and my high heeled boots are going in the cupboard!

I bought some short length linen black trousers from Dorothy Perkins online, which are lovely - they have lots of stuff for work or casual in a range of leg lengths. Short is perfect for me, but it might be a bit long for you still? I guess it depends what height of heel you would like to wear with them...

Hope this helps - other than that I suggest finding a good seamstress! I don't know about you, but I'm rubbish at sewing!

Love

Valentine xxx

Next do a 27 1/2 inch leg in maternity
maybe you would still have to take them up :think:

Good luck x

I think mothercare do different lengths of trousers :D or you could try marks and spencer or new look as they all do maternity now :)

not sure hun as im not PG but im only (about) 5"2 and i have so much trouble finding a pair of decent trousers in my size, try Dorothy Perkins thats the only place i can find that do different lengths and they have a range of maternity wear!!

other than that, you will have to buy them long and cut them and sew them, thats what i have to do :roll: lol

What about 3/4 length trousers? I've seen those in small sizes and with the summer well on it's way they might be cooler? Then you can think about skirts/dresses etc anyway. Hope you find something suitable.

I'm small too but have got some clothes from Dorothy Perkins - Topshop also do a petite range in maternity but they hardly ever have any stock. If I see a pair that I like I'll probably buy them and just get them taken up. At least the weather's nice now so as Nicola said you could get skirts, dresses, shorts etc. Good luck x

lol - i'm of no help, but in a way your lucky - at least you can hem the ends and have them fit you - i'm 6'2" and with my first all my maternity trousers stopped at my ankles --- not a good look, believe me!!!!

Mrs T, looks like we're on opposite ends of the scale!! :shock:

Thank you ladies, I'm now off to Dorothy Perkins, Top Shop, New Look and M & S. Somewhere is bound to have something that will fit me!!

I know!!
You can only have a baby if you are of "normal" height and shape!!!

Good luck and have fun shopping!!!!

im 5'3" and bought my maternity trousers from peacocks or mothercare. pays to try them on tho :) are long on the leg for me but their ok :)

:rotfl: I know what you mean I'm 4ft 11in and struggle as it is God knows what it'll be like when I'm PG.

hi i've just been to asda and they do a petite range and have some maternity trousers in they would fit me and i'm only 5' and a peanut lol and they are very reasonably priced too,

I'm 5.1 and had to take up all my maternity clothes, especially once I ditched all my heels. How I hate wearing flat shoes! I just got trousers with plain hems and magic weaved them! Most of mine are from Ebay and cost buttons so I don't mine chopping them up!

dpsrm said:
I'm 5ft nothing and I'm looking for a pair of maternity trousers to wear for work and all the ones I've seen in catalogues have an inside leg of 30inches! In order for them to fit me I would need to cut at least 5 inches off the bottom! :x

Do any of you ladies happen to know where I can get petite maternity clothes from? :)

send the extra 5" to me if you like. I have 35" inside leg, so have the opposite problem! :D

topbird said:
dpsrm said:

send the extra 5" to me if you like. I have 35" inside leg, so have the opposite problem! :D

lol- mine's 36inch- yey another giant!!! :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back