• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

don't seem to be getting any better!

smess26

Reaction score
I am still full of cold! And to top it off trapped wind its at the top of my bump!
Do you think its worth calling docs to see about lemsip?
Thanks girls!
Ps hope your feeling better amanda x x

Hey smess hope you get better soon! Yes you could give doc or mw a ring and ask about lemsip but I'm guessing they will say no xx

Awww bless ya, I can finally say that today I am feeling a bit better! I have a terrible cold and chesty cough, but all the flu like pains and fever have gone :)

I think it just takes time and plenty of rest - are you resting at home or still struggling in to work?You'd benefit from complete rest at home in the warm. You could always make your own hot lemon and honey drink and add some paracetamol, I am going to try that. Try not to go out - going out to the doctors yesterday I felt the cold so much on my chest - it made me cough so much that when I got back I was sick! Now my cough today is really chesty - so I'm not going out for a few days now!

Hope you feel better soon hun xx

The second time I had the cold I asked the midwife I could take lemsip and she said yes. But I wouldn't take my advice, speak to your own Mw. Yeah you could do what amanda has suggested and make your own?

Hope you feel better soon!

x

I recently had a bad head cold & made my own version of lemsip. Hot water, lemon & sugar. At night I had it with honey in and took paracetamol at the same time.

Hope ur feeling better soon. x

Hey girls still not good but got anti b's and there starting to work!!!

Doc was horrible stuck a stick to check throat and it touched the back of my throat and I started gagging! Who puts it that far back anyway lol!!!
Glad your feeling better
Amanda xx x

My doc did that too - well only put the stick right on the end of my tongue and I started gagging! I'm actually still really rough - am relieved the flu symptoms have gone, but this cold and chesty cough are bloody awful! I'm coughing so much I've got a splitting headache! I'm not really eating very well either - just not that hungry, all I had yesterday was a couple of slices of toast. Have managed to have some soup today so guess I am improving slowly......

Hope you pick up soon with the antibiotics xx

Im in the same boat i have a packet of lemsip mocking me on my desk but my friend whos a doc says its contraindicated. Im beginning to wonder if it will really matter! :-( Cough cough

Hope your feeling better Smess, there are somel real lingering bugs about at the mo X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back