Hmmm, I seem to have lost weight!

Becs

Reaction score
I was feeling very lathargic after first tri and the a cold straight afterwards. I haven't been going to the gym as had no energy and then my cold meant any exercise bought about a cough. I guess I was beginning to slightly comfort eat a bit too :oops:

Anyway all this feeling groggy was getting me down so for the last few days I have almost cut out chocolate and been eating a very healthy diet. Cereal instead of toast and butter in the morning, soup, salad, or baked potatoes for lunch and fish, red meat or chicken with veg in the evening oh and loads of fruit. Anyway I have lost 3 pounds. I wasn't doing it to loose weight so do you think this is okay? I certainly feel better. I am 9st 4IBs which is what I was when I fell preggers.

Becs

i think its fine hun aslong as your not trying to lose weight and you stay a healthy weight its ok :)
manda xx

Cool, I hope so. I am seeing my midwife soon, so will ask her too.

Can you let me know what you MW says as i have done something very similar (had cold over christma, overate, now back at gym). I have only dropped 300g but i am now back to about my pre preganancy weight and i have not thrwon up once in whole first tri.

Sandi

Sandi

I wouldn't worry about it - I lost a lot of weight in 1st tri and even this one due to sickness.

I haven't actually put any weight on

They advise you eat carbs as part of your diet when PG, as your body is using a lot more energy, so don't cut them out completely.

I eat weetabix or some such for brekkie, soup and toast, or salad and wholemeal bread for lunch and often have pasta or rice for my evening meal.

Don't forget also, while not 'eating for 2' you do need to increase your calorie intake by about 500 cals a day when PG. At least from what my reading and MW told me.

So long as you are eating well and not stuffing your face with junk I think you'll be fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back