Don't read if your baby hasn't had jabs yet!

xxbeckyxx

Reaction score
OMG, Lizzie had her first lot of jabs today and it was honestly the most horrific experience of my life! She hardly ever cries and when she does it's more of a whimper than a proper cry. But when that needle went in you could actually hear the pain in her cry, and she was soo upset for ages afterwards :( I wish I could have the jabs for her! She's still really miserable now. She doesn't want to feed either which is a bit worrying - she'll happily suck on her dummy - do jabs sometimes cause loss of appetite?

I'm already dreading the next lot of jabs...please tell me it gets easier! I just can't get over that scream of pure shock, it's stuck in my head :(

Hope she's happier soon Hun! when Tegan had her first lot she held her breath then let out the worst scream i've ever heard, it broke my heart! she was really miserable for the rest of the day. Tegan had her second lot last wednesday she cried when they done it and within a couple of mins she stopped and was allot happier than the first time. have you given lizzie any Calpol? it really helped Tegan x

She doesn't seem to like Calpol, she refuses to swallow and just dribbles it all back out! And I daren't try to give her another lot just in case I overdose her lol!

The 1st lots horrible cos your baby gets so upset which makes you upset but the 2nd lot like ZMD said, they don't cry for long. Charley was giggling away straight after but I have to admit it's the 3rd lot that's the worse. It's 3 jab's and charley really screamed and hasn't been right since and he had them 4 days ago!

They can usually have more than is said on the packet, as this is just a precaution so people dont over do the calpol. Paige didnt eat properly for about 4 days after her first lot of jabs and it was horrible, she was so out of sorts.

She was ok during and after the jabs (she had them at 3 months though as I delayed them) but did bleed a fair amount. It doesnt get easier in terms of how they are when having them. Its horrible watching them get them everytime :( but Ive found Paige reacts so much better with them now.

Hope Lizzie feels more herself soon :hug:

Becky its so awful to see! Aiden was sooo upset I could not put him down for rest of the day without him screaming, had to cuddle all day! He was totally fine the next day though! Calpol if she will and lots of cuddles! Im dreading the next set (next week) but from my other thread mums have said they arent as bad! So fingers crossed becase its 3 injections, 1 more this time! Hopes shes back to herself soon xx

I don't even care if she doesn't sleep at all tonight, I just want to be with her and smother her with love and cuddles :)
Hope Aiden's better with the ones next week, let me know!

Bless her, it's awful isn't it! The first ones I find are always the worst. Drake has been absolutely fine with the next 2. Oh and yeah he did lose appetite with his first too, he was right as rain the next day though! Xx

Well Lizzie is still a bit grumpy this morning and she will not be without her dummy! But she did have a really good feed earlier so has made up for not having much last night :)

God they're horrible aren't they? I was in two minds about getting them done at all, and still feel full of guilt when I think of the upset they caused....I suppose they're for the best though. I hope she feels better soon :hug:

For me aswell it's when you think about all they ate having at once in their tiny body! Can't be nice at all for them! But don't think I'd ever dare not give them. Cx

I ignored your warning and read this :-( Eva will have her first jabs next week and now I'm dreading it! Can't bear the idea that she will scream :-(

I ignored your warning and read this :-( Eva will have her first jabs next week and now I'm dreading it! Can't bear the idea that she will scream :-(

You silly billy!! :p I'd have read it too though to be fair!
If it helps, lots of people told me it wouldn't be that bad so it was a bit of a shock for me to hear her so upset. If I'd known it was gonna be awful then I could've prepared myself for it better I reckon :)

I think the worst thing is that I feel she's lost a bit of her 'baby innocence'. It's like she had complete trust in the fact we'd never hurt her and now she'll never have that again. That's how I feel anyway, although their memories are so short I doubt she even remembers it now lol! Just gotta think we are protecting them in the long run!

Hope Eva is better than Lizzie for you hun!

You silly billy!! :p I'd have read it too though to be fair!
If it helps, lots of people told me it wouldn't be that bad so it was a bit of a shock for me to hear her so upset. If I'd known it was gonna be awful then I could've prepared myself for it better I reckon :)

I think the worst thing is that I feel she's lost a bit of her 'baby innocence'. It's like she had complete trust in the fact we'd never hurt her and now she'll never have that again. That's how I feel anyway, although their memories are so short I doubt she even remembers it now lol! Just gotta think we are protecting them in the long run!

Hope Eva is better than Lizzie for you hun!

I also read your post last night - before Isla had her jabs this morning! It was horrible - she cried and I cried! She's sleeping now but I'm expecting to have a horrible afternoon/evening.

I agree Becky about the 'baby innocence' thing - I felt so bad for putting her through that but it is better than them getting any nasty illnesses.

I also read ur post. Zaks having his next wed. DREADING IT ! Hope Lizzie is ok now.

Aww hope Isla is ok for you later on! And hope Zak copes better than our little girlies, maybe he'll be macho and show us all how it's done lol!

Lizzie has had 2 baths and several washes today already as she's now developed sickness and VERY runny poos! Not a happy bunny :(

Becky, Aiden had second lot of jabs today and I said id get back to you! He cried a little at having them done! Got home had a big 2 hour sleep (but had given him calpol) and then hes been so lovely, laughing babbling etc, so so much better than 1st lot! Infact no tears at all today so *touch wood* he stays like this and hopefully Lizzie will be the same xx

Oh that's brill for you! Hopefully Lizzie will be the same :)

Zak was very brave......he screamed when they went in but didnt cry very much afterwards. He has been abit grouchy this afternoon but hes been a brave boy so far. fingers crossed he stays like this and he gets some good sleep. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back