• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

dont know how i'm going to cope

sweetpamii

Reaction score
sorry for the rant ladies but, basically me, my oh and my lo will have to stay between our parents house until we can get a house together.

but my dad and his mum are both alcoholics, my dad more so as he's a vodka drinker while my oh mum is a beer drinker. he keeps saying i'm only going to drink once a week and was doing well but he drank last night and is drunk again tonight, he's not a nasty drunk but he shouts, talks over u, you cant have a conversation and its just very hard to deal with. he promised that he was gonna keep to this arrangement with the family but i feel really let down, and i wont be bringing my baby up around him when he's like that.

i feel so lost

I dont have any experience of this at all - but didnt want to read and run.

If you're dad has been saying that he wants to cut down - could you talk to him and maybe get him to go to the doctor for help??

Maybe use new arrival as a reason for a new start.

xxx

my uncle is an alcoholic as is OH's mum. we have pretty much said that if they or anyone else is drunk they will not be holding or breathing over our baby. just stick to your guns and dont give in.

Aaawww hun I know exactly how you feel. We live with my FIL and he's a diabetic who drinks like a fish. Even after having gastric cancer caused by drinking he hasn't given up and sneaks whiskey into the house.
He is a nasty drunk and gets very very spiteful. He's a bully and a coward and is only like this with women (he did this to me once, big mistake as I was just on my way out to a black belt exam) He once said to his only daughter that nothing gives him more pleasure than seeing her cry :shock:. None of my family drink and he knows already that if he EVER drinks around my baby or gets nasty in any way he will never see him again unless supervised by me no matter how old the child is at the time.
When he is sober lay out the rules, make it perfectly clear that there will be boundaries and if he over steps them then you will stick to your guns.
Hope everything works out hun, and as said hopefully it will give him a reason to stop for good xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I agree with the other girls Hun by setting up
Boundries. Shame u have to go through this but hopefully u will all get ur own place as soon as u can. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back