Men!! :(

Em91

Reaction score
Arghhhh, Sorry just really Need a rant. My OH is driving me mad. He doesn't officially live with me yet, still lives with his parents. He's a proper mummys boy, she still does all his cooking, cleaning, washing, opening his mail!! EVERYTHING! He's been saying he will move in to my house for months and he just can't seem to make the step. He's never here more than 2 nights in a row before he runs off home to mummy. Take this week for example he stayed tues and weds because i've just come out of hospital and am meant to be on virtual bed rest!, so he said he'd come look after me. Yet he's managed 2 nights and comes in this evening saying he's going home tonight to see his mum! His work is a 5 min drive from my house and a 25min drive from his so he's going out of his way and spending more money on petrol to go home for the night, why can't he just grow up. He's 21 years old not 15!. Luckily my Brother and me share a house so he's been brilliant helping out while i've been unable to do anything, but the point is it's not his job he shouldn't have to do everything :sad:. I understand it's hard for OH to grow up and move out but i'm nearly half way through this pregnancy and could really use him here. We set a date for him to move in which is the last weekend of this month but i just can't see it happening *sigh*. He says he doesn't get why my family don't like him, but they do they love him they're just fed up with him not taking responsbility and helping out.

Then my dad rings this evening saying 'that scan pic you sent is rubbish, can't make anything out!'... I made another thread with photo from other day in it, and it can't just be me that thinks it's pretty clear isn't it?! you can make out legs etc. Got me really down hearing my dad say a photo of his first grandchild is rubbish :sad:.

Sick of the male species today
Sorry for the long rant, just need some support atm. Don't think it helps that i'm still in agony and on my 2nd week of work, bored stiff and desperate to go back

Last edited:
Ugh MEN! Want me to castrate them for you? It'd be my pleasure lol

First... OH... sorry hun but you need to be strong. He is acting like a little boy and he either need to man up or you need to back off from him. He can't keep running home to his mum every 5 minutes, he's about to become a parent ffs. How on earth is he going to cope? I'm sure he is going to get a reality check but I think better do it now before LO arrives than have to deal with a new baby and an older baby!!!

Second... your Dad... just being a tool. I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt your feelings at all. He's just being a bloke, blokes don't think. They have to be all, I dunno, blokey lol

:hug:

Hope you're feeling better btw xxxxx

Thanks, i know i've tried being nice about it, and i've tried being harsh but nothing seems to work!! It's so fustrating. I'm ignoring him this evening because i don't have the energy to argue! I spent way to much money and bought lots of cute baby clothes instead :p

xx

Last edited:
awww hun i hope he makes that step for you,

As for your dad, my mum wasnt able to make anything out on my 20 week scan and you can see the face and everything x

If it makes you feel better about the picture...After our 20 week scan I said to OH "dont you think this is the cutest baby you have ever seen?" when We were looking at the pics and he told me it looks the same as every other baby scan! Grrr...it's OUR baby so of course it doesnt look the same as everyone else's!!!

Second... your Dad... just being a tool.
:rotfl: i aint heard that saying TOOL in aaages LOL.

Hun i would have it out with him again & give him a date again be firm & just say if you dont want to move in then tell me insted of putting it off.

Do you think it's because your brother is living there too ? just a thought hun.

Does his mum live on her own ?

Some men take longer to grow up infact ALL men do - i think they grow up when there about 80 LOL. I can imagen how annoiying it is for you - i would just have it out with him again babe.

About your dad then i think he is just being stupid. Your picture is clear & you can make out the babys legs - its not hard to see at all. Maybe he had a cob on about somthing but then thats men for you - they make everything difficult so maybe he was expecting to see a flesh colour baby & not expecting it in black & white LOL. ?

xx

Second... your Dad... just being a tool.
:rotfl: i aint heard that saying TOOL in aaages LOL.

Hun i would have it out with him again & give him a date again be firm & just say if you dont want to move in then tell me insted of putting it off.

Do you think it's because your brother is living there too ? just a thought hun.

Does his mum live on her own ?

Some men take longer to grow up infact ALL men do - i think they grow up when there about 80 LOL. I can imagen how annoiying it is for you - i would just have it out with him again babe.

About your dad then i think he is just being stupid. Your picture is clear & you can make out the babys legs - its not hard to see at all. Maybe he had a cob on about somthing but then thats men for you - they make everything difficult so maybe he was expecting to see a flesh colour baby & not expecting it in black & white LOL. ?

xx

I think the fact that my brother lives here means he hasn't been as worried about me doing stuff cause he knows my brother will do it. But i don't think it's stopping him moving in because they get on really well, i sometimes wander if they should be in the relationship lol XD

Nah shes with his dad, his dad is just much more laid back. Think i will talk to him over the weekend again and check he's still planning to move in on the original date we said.
Like you say men are just really immature! x

Last edited:
Aww it's good that he has a close bond with your brother. :)

So his mum is not on her own, i dont see whats stopping him then. Yeh have it out with him again & just tell him he has to leave the nest ;) Like you say his mum does everything for him so he prob thinks when he moves out he has to do all his own ironing lol. If your gonna do that then maybe reasurring him might make him move in sooner hehehe. Goodluck hun. x x

My DH spends far too much time at his parents even now! We moved out 2yrs ago :shock: He is an only child so think he feels he has to touch base quite often. They even phone him every single day and get a panic on of they haven't heard from him!! He is 26 yrs old, he does not need babying!!! Sorry got a bit carried away there :) Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back