dont feed my baby!

Tillytots

Reaction score
urgh-im really not amused :(
Stupid family. They keep feeding james bloody biscuits and think its funny. The latest was ha ha james ate a gingernut and loved it. They dont tell me until about a week later either. They know i dont like it but just think im being anal and will just do it regardless but not tell me. Im so annoyed because Im in the process of weaning james and he is just starting to get the hang of different foods and textures. If he gets a taste for sugar he isnt going to want to eat other things. One of my brothers was the same, as soon as he had tasted sweet things he wouldnt eat anything else.
I dont mind him having the occasional treat and i mean very occasional but i want to be controlling what and when he has them. Im my eyes if he hasnt tasted sugar so hes not missing anything. He doesnt need sweets. God im so grumpy. Sorry for ranting but would you be pee'd off or am i being silly?

It really annoys me when people think they can do that! It can ruin all your hard work.
We bumped into someone in town who bought Angel a gingerbread man. I broke a bit off and gave her it while they were there to be polite, but when they'd gone i took it off her and binned it. OH and i ate the rest!
She's a huge veg eater, i don't want her any other way. She has treats, but i'll be much more strict when her teeth start coming through, and no one will ruin it!

phew, Im glad Im not just being histerical :hug:

Jamesy has 3 teeth now, nearly 4 which makes it even more worrying. I know we clean them but still. I just want a healthy baby :)

Grrr I hate this kind of thing, you arent being silly at all :evil:

My FIL asked last week if he could give Eva a bit of his chocolate brownie cos he felt mean eating it in front of her - I said I would rather not cos it was nearly her tea time and he said OK, then it turns out he already asked OH who had said no! At least he asked I guess but I am not impressed with trying to play us off on each other, I thought that was what naughty kids do not grandparents! Then he proceeded to give her the froth off his coffee whilst saying 'we will get told off for this wont we Eva' .........Hmmmm yes so DONT DO IT!!!!! :twisted:

Arrggghhhhhhh! Im with you Sarah, what a nightmare :wall: :wall: :wall:

I would be very annoyed, I expect people to stick to my parenting rules even if they don't agree with them.. Oliver doesn't have any refined sugar, and the only sweet thing he eats is fruit - if someone was feeding him biscuits behind my back and thinking it was funny I would tell them that until they could respect my wishes they wouldn't be looking after him unsupervised. But maybe I'm slightly anal about what he eats!

yeah i would be so angry with that! it just shows the bad attitued they have toward your parenting! this is only a little thing now....but as your LO gets older it'll only get worse! and what kind of example is that to James on how to respect his parents decisions.

im very against giving babies chocolate and junk food. they dont even know it exists so why bother!!!

Gah :wall: Family ey!

My aunty did something similar when Jack was only 5 months. I hadn't even begun weaning (don't even get me started on the comments I got for that :roll: ) I came into the living room with his bottle and my aunty had given him a milk chocolate button :? I went through her like a ton of bricks :lol: They didn't get it either and like you they thought of me as being anal about it all. I got the comments 'oh she's doing it all by the book' as if I was strict. Jack has chocolate very occasionally and I don't mind but like you say, why give them a taste for it. He's not missing it! They never dare try now though as they know I won't sit back and let them. I just ignore the snidy little comments I get :)

I'd be angry too, I hate it when people try to take over and think they know your baby better than you do. Don't think so! :talkhand: Tell them hun that he is your son and you decide what he eats :hug: :hug: :hug:

This drives me mad!

Wait til Easter comes - the comments I got for not giving an 8 month old baby, a chocolate Easter Egg or 5!

Valentine Xxx

You are not being anal at all Sarah, I have exactly the same problem with some family. It really annoys me and I know I am going to end up falling out with certain people big time but I'm his Mummy and I want whats best for him and while he loves his veggies at the moment I am making sure he eats plenty of them.

I agree they haven't tasted sugar so they aren't missing anything. The other week sam was 'bought' a Milkybar selection box :wall: a Christmas biscuit :wall: and a Dairy Milk selection box :wall: :wall: :wall: and people seemed shocked that he wouldn't be eating it all in one go :evil:

:talkhand: It drives me nuts, when we visit certain people now I take a bag of Organix Carrot sticks (that Sam LOVES :D ) and some sugar free biscuits that are for babies and when the goodies come out I say no it's OK these are his faves he can have them instead.

OOhh I could rant about this for ages.

Nothing anal about it at all, my 2 weren't allowed sweets and crisps when they were really young. Stephen is allowed a few sweets and has crisps when he goes over his nannys but i do insist on them eating good food. Imogen does have the odd biscuit and sweet but over all shes a fruit eater and eats her dinners that I give her.

Easter i dont buy choc for the kids i get them a toy instead.

Sweetcheeks24 said:
My aunty did something similar when Jack was only 5 months. I hadn't even begun weaning (don't even get me started on the comments I got for that :roll: )

Technically we've started weaning Tally early, yet even i got comments about why isn't she weaned, and i get the whole why are you still BFing/expressing is it not tiem to move on to formula etc.

I don't want anyone giving Tally food i havn't said she can have, we're trying our hardest to give her the same foods as us (she wont eat them atm but at least she's tasting them) and i feel bad enough that she'd happily live off rusks if i'd let her as it is, at least they're designed for babies.

I dont mind her tasting things, but only with my permission, there's so many different guidelines and methods of weaning a baby and if you're following one you really dont need someone messing it up giving them food you dont want them to have.

Oh and Valetnine that reminds me, i will be informing everyone NOT to buy her Easter eggs as she wont be eating them, she can have a very small amount of mine. If i let them buy eggs she'd have about 10 and i'd end up eating them lol

I sent Corey off to MIL's the other weekend with rice cakes and organix carrot sticks...

Only to be told she fed him juice and a biscuit when they were out - :wall: :wall: :wall: HES ALLERGIC TO MILK YOU BLEEDING IDIOT!!!!!! It wasnt as if id not made that clear enough, I wrote it down in her notes twice, and everyone knows he cant have milk products.

Anyways, like you, id be fuming. I was, but for different reasons I guess. My fat boy eats anything and everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back